Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

December 23rd, 2017 16:00

Where is the WPS Pin? On a Dell E525W

I’m trying to open the Dell Document Hub .

In the Hub it says “No printer Installed { I have the printer working and printing

Connected via USB

Just want to get the Hub working

I get the message = “unable to use the Dell Document Hub .”

“for windows 10 Add a printer under Devices ”

1st I see the Dell E525W under Printer & Scanners and see that the is a App available for this device

So I click on that next I click on manage it opens

2nd I click on “Open printer app“ That takes me back to “unable to use the Dell Document Hub .”

3rd I try to add a printer under Add Printer and Scanner

It finds the Dell E525W-2242D6

I the get the popup asking to enter the WPS Pin for you printer .

I tried to put the WPS Pin from my Comcast router into the space , but I get “That Did Not Work”

FYI =Comcast router Security: WPA2PSK-AES

Thank You

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 25th, 2017 05:00

I see several Windows 10 drivers on on the E525W driver page. I am not sure which one you might need to install. In addition, I see a Firmware update? Here is the E525W Setup Guide and the User's Guide. This article mentions WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) for Windows 10. This article discusses Networking. See if those instructions help.

7 Posts

December 25th, 2017 10:00

DELL-Chris M

Thank you for your reply

Unfortunately, none of the links to me where the WPS-Pin is located.

I’ll try Dell Chat when it is available.

Thanks again

purplemtn

7 Posts

December 26th, 2017 12:00

FYI =  Rommel_David[Dell Support] Ok. Dell Document hub is out of our scope of support.

1 Message

June 9th, 2019 22:00

We (my girlfriend and I both have e525w's) struggled for hours trying to determine the WPS PIN.

What finally worked was to go to .dell.com/support and download, select Drivers and Downloads, and install the Dell Printer Easy Install wizard.

Our jaws dropped when in just a minute it worked, no WPS PIN required!

We did need to first press the WPS buttons on the router and printer to them talking via wifi.

2 Posts

September 28th, 2019 14:00

I'm only seeing this now. I've had my printer for about two years. I'm just trying to reinstall it, and when I reconnected my printer to my Wi-Fi network, I discovered how to get the pin code. Press the menu button. Page down to "system" and press on the check mark. Go to the Admin menu. Go to "Network". Go to WPS Setup. Go to PIN code.Your pin will show at the top of the screen. You can then go down to "Print pin code" if you want to print it out, but it shows at the top of the box.

1 Message

October 29th, 2020 17:00

On your Dell E525W printer, click the buttons in this order:

Menu --> System--> Admin Menu--> Network--> WPS Setup--> PIN code --> Print PIN code.

There you go!

1 Message

December 26th, 2023 22:20

@Moonwind1818​ 

Found the pin per your post. I get an error code after install times out.  0x80640004

Any thoughts?

No Events found!