Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2008 22:00

Which Lexmark is the Dell 968?

I'm looking for options to buy ink cartridges for a Dell 968, without having to order them directly from Dell.

My local Staples store carries Dell ink cartridges, but not for the 968. They tell me that Dells are really Lexmarks, and they carry lots of Lexmark ink cartridges, so if I knew which Lexmark the Dell 968 was, I could buy one of its cartridges.

Anybody know for sure? Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 26th, 2008 02:00

If you look at Dell's website for replacement parts, you'll see that you use a series 7 cartridge. $21 and $24 is not really a bad price for cartridges. I only order then as I need them. Sometimes if the sit around some others have trouble with them. The cartridges usually come in 3 days, except weekends.

Please read this post from Bill about ink cartridges. Dell started selling the ink cartridges at Staples. Maybe Staples needs to get some series 7 ink cartridges.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 26th, 2008 10:00

Although the Dell's are made by Lexmark and the ink cartridges by Lexmark too, they are coded differently.  There is an internal IC in the cartridge and one of it's tasks is it identifies it as either a Lexmark or Dell and then the cartridge model.  Thus, as reported by many on here, the Lexmarks's won't work in Dell's (and Dell's won't work in Lexmark's).

You will have to buy the exact replacement for the 968.  Have you checked Wal-Mart?  I notice the local Wal-Mart here (in Florida) is now selling Dell cartridges.

No Events found!