Highlighted
Krzrgrl
1 Copper

White lines printing horizontally regular intervals AIO 964

Hi, I have an All In One Photo 964 that has for sometime now been producing white horizontal lines or bands the full width of print at regular intervals down a page 35mm between each band. The band is 5mm wide.

This happens with every print cartridge installed i.e. new and old and photo cartridges as well.

I have followed the step-by-step instructions on the Online Support/Troubleshooting pages and have cleaned nozzles; contacts both on the cartridges and inside the machine and also cleaned the thin delicate tape that runs the width of the printer. It doesn't get any better or worse.

Is it something to do with the thin transparent strip of tape I just mentioned? Is this a replaceable item?

Printed documents are sometimes illegible in places and photo's are just ruined by these lines.

I really would appreciate the help of someone who knows, perhaps a Dell Techie or someone who had this exact problem and resolved it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
7- Thorium

Re: White lines printing horizontally regular intervals AIO 964

Krzrgrl,

You could post an image of it by clicking on the Blue PudgyOne at the bottom of this thread and then paste the direct link to it. If it's what I suspect, your rollers are going bad and the printer will probably have to be replaced.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Krzrgrl
1 Copper

Hi PudgyOne,

Thanks for your comments. I have attached here (hopefully) a black and white print which shows the evenly spaced bands of 'missing ink'.  These bands are running horizontally across the page rather than vertically down the length of the page.

Which rollers are you referring to? Would they not be a replaceable item?

Thanks for your input.

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Krzrgrl,

Looks like the printer is printer. When the paper leaves the paper trys, the rollers that drive the paper past the ink catrridge i what I suspect that is making these lines. As for repairing the printer, I would say that even though this printer has lasted many years, I have a 964 Printer, that repairing it can become costly. Buying a new printer seems more economical.

If you decide to try to get this repaired, you should check around locally and see what you can find. Maybe someone can repair it, but like I said the cosst verses a new printer i what you need to consider. Dell is currently(12/11/09) selling their inkjet printers for $49 - $139. With the labor and parts, I don't think you can find a better deal.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos