Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 7th, 2008 15:00

White streaks on printouts--Dell 3000 cn Printer

I have a problem with a 3000 cn printer.  On the bottom third of the printed page, I am getting about half inch tall white streaks every inch or so across the page.  About an inch below the first set of streaks, I get the same thing across the page.  I cleaned the laser scanner glass several times but that didn't seem to make a difference.  I tried the 20% density pages--the problem was very noticeable on the cyan and magenta pages but much less so on the yellow and black pages.  The current cartridge level is 10% left on black and 80% remaining on the other three.  The drum of this printer was judged defective right after purchase and Dell replaced it at that time free of charge (about three years ago).

I very much appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks.

James

1.7K Posts

February 7th, 2008 16:00

I copied this from another posting I made:

..... when diagnosing Print Quality issues, a picture speaks a thousand words. If you can add images to your reply post, that would go a long ways in helping us to help you. If you don't have web-site from where you can host the images, try http://www.flickr.com/

Message Edited by llynster on 02-07-2008 12:23 PM

12 Posts

February 7th, 2008 16:00

A photo can be seen at:

http://web.mac.com/jesschoen/Site/Dell_3000_cn_Printer_Problem.html 

Thanks.

James

1.7K Posts

February 7th, 2008 17:00

Perfect picture.

You need a new drum unit. Yours has a concave cover that is interferes with the toner on the IBT belt surface. The dead giveaway is the even intervals of occurrence across the page.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 7th, 2008 17:00

James,

Can you get your service tag and current shipping address to me via private message? I will get a replacement drum out to you as soon as possible. The private message box is the little envelope at the top of this page. You may also click on my user name from the left hand margin of this post, and then click "send this user a private message" on the right hand side of that page after you click my user name.

12 Posts

February 8th, 2008 13:00

Bill--

The new drum arrived this morning.  Once inserted into the printer, the white streaks disappeared and the problem is solved.

Thanks again for your extremely helpful and fast service.

James

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 8th, 2008 14:00

Thanks for posting back. Glad to help.
No Events found!