PudgyOne
6 Indium

Re: Why does my Dell V520 printer go offline?

Leigh639,

Please check back and let me know in a week how it's working.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Leigh639
1 Copper

Rick,   came home tonight and it is off line again......

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Leigh639,

What color is the wifi light on the printer?

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
Highlighted
danny-jones
1 Copper

Look for the full manual. Find the section on static IP. I had the same problem. The quick guide does not give you all the steps for a wireless connection. You will have go into Advanced Settings where you can provide router information  and network  information.

0 Kudos
jtinsleyosb
1 Copper

I have the same issue, except using this on Cisco enterprise network.  I have the printer, computers, and iDevices all connected to the same Wireless Network and it does this all the time.  I downgraded the firmware on the printer to the older version because the newest firmware had so many bugs that using the LCD display on the printer took at least 5 minutes to make a selection.

Not to also mention that I have the newest version of code on the Cisco Wireless Controller that also has the Bonjour Apple Gateway.  Not a happy camper.

0 Kudos
danny-jones
1 Copper

I had the same problem. Look for the full printer manual. Find the section on static IP. The quick guide does not give you all the steps for a wireless connection. You will have go into the printer Advanced Settings where you can provide router information  and network  information. You can do a google search for static IP address for printers. HP and Samsung have videos that demonstrate how to assign a static IP to a printer. I was unable to find a Dell video. 

0 Kudos
pogiphilip
1 Copper

I have followed the steps that were posted up to this forum, and still getting the same problem as everyone one here. The static ip address was set already on the network. Is this problem going to be fixed by dell?? my printer is the v520 all-in-one.

0 Kudos
danny-jones
1 Copper

I had the same problem. Look for the full printer manual. Find the section on static IP. The quick guide does not give you all the steps for a wireless connection. You will have go into the printer Advanced Settings where you can provide router information  and network  information. You can do a google search for static IP address for printers. HP and Samsung have videos that demonstrate how to assign a static IP to a printer. I was unable to find a Dell video. 

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

danny-jones,

I posted this information on June 10, 2013 for you.

If you know the current IP address of your printer, enter this in the address bar. You should see...

Click on configuration, you'll see...

Click on TCP/IP and then click on set static IP address and you'll see...

Enter the static IP address you want and then submit.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

danny-jones,

I just created a new Wiki at Setting static IP Address for the Dell V715w Printer

The settings should be similar. If you cannot get the IP Address from  the information provided, then look at your wireless router and there should be a list of devices and their IP Address(es)

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos