Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 12th, 2014 09:00

Why is my 2155cn black ink printing extremely light/barely perceptible?

I have a 2155cn that is still under warranty for another 145 days.  For the last few weeks I have been trying to figure out why my black ink is barely showing up on the paper.  In the beginning, it was visible, but more of a gray color that black.  I thought that maybe the option to "Print Black as Color" was selected when I initially received the call, however, that was not the case.  Since this began, we have ordered a new Dell branded toner for replacement and the problem is still here, if not worse.  Now we can barely read the text at all on the paper.  I am attaching a scan that I did of a sample of a full page of text.  The sample has some color highlights to prove that there is text on the paper.  I have no issues with color printing at all.

I am not having any luck resolving the issue or figuring out who I should call regarding this problem.  I hate to spend any more money on toner or other parts if it will still be unusable in the end.  The printer identifies a full black toner installed and no errors are given on the display.  I have tried different drivers (PCL 6 and XPS) for Win 7 x64 thinking that might help.  Still have the same problem.  I have tried looking through the printer menu, but I am no printer expert, so I don't want to pretend to know something I don't.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you need any other information, I'll do my best to get it to you.

Thanks,

Chris

1 Attachment

1 Message

November 20th, 2014 19:00

This has recently happened to us as well.  Color is fine but black text is printed as light grey.  Toner is not the issue.  Have you had any luck resolving this?

December 4th, 2014 11:00

Here's what we have found that fixed ours.  Our Dell rep had us call tech support and talk to them.  My technology lab teacher contacted them on our behalf, and they determined that the Imaging Drum had gone bad.  Being that we were still under warranty, they shipped us a new drum and she got it put in today.  Now our black is pretty perfectly again.

I hope this helps.

Chris

No Events found!