Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 6th, 2014 04:00

Win 7, Dell v715w and .NET framework 4.5.1

Hey all,

Have a new Dell OptiPlex 9020 with Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I hooked it up to a v715w printer that had been working fine on the old XP machine being replaced. I installed the drivers without any problem.

The printer will print one document (job) but when you go to print the second it will start, and the printer will load the paper, but the Dell print progress bar never appears in the bottom right and the printer just stalls. Have to reboot the machine to print next job ... amazingly annoying!

To try to fix it I restored the entire machine to factory settings and copied over my backed up files. I installed the printer drivers and this time everything seemed to be working. It would print multiple jobs as it was designed to do. However the next day Windows Update automatically installed .NET Framework 4.5.1 and I had the problem again.

Anyone else having this problem? The printer docs specifically say to install the latest .NET framework! How can I get around it?

19 Posts

Rick,

Why would uninstalling IE11 fix it? I've tried uninstalling the Framework 4.5.1 and it doesn't fix it. IE (some version anyway) is required for this machine, alternatives can't be used.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

kevpatts,

The .net framework error is similar to this...

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Error After Upgrading to Windows 7

My first guess is...

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 6th, 2014 10:00

kevpatts,

There is something in Internet Explorer 11 that started causing printing issues with certain model printers. Removing IE11, you revert back to IE10 and the single print job problem goes away.

You have to run Delete Print Jobs then restart your computer.

Make sure the printer is not usb cable connected.

Start, control panel, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Now install the printer, if the printer is wireless and already working on your network, choose additional computer, network and follow the instructions.

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

19 Posts

August 7th, 2014 01:00

Two last question: Can the printer be USB connected after the uninstall and re-install, or should I continue to use it wireless?

Also, why haven't dell come out with a fix for this if it's a known issue? Seems pretty piss poor from them.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 7th, 2014 11:00

kevpatts,

Printer can be used with a USB Cable connection.

The printer was working great until Microsoft came and installed Internet Explorer 11. Something inside Internet Explorer 11 caused the problem. The easiest solution is to remove IE11. The second solution is to turn off the balloon tips, but then you can see the ink levels, if the printer is printing or jammed(I don't recommend this unless the first solution does not work)

Your Dell printer was made by Lexmark and Lexmark got out of the printer business, so all Lexmark is doing is providing ink for most models.

Rick

No Events found!