Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

December 20th, 2009 12:00

Windows 7 and Dell V305W

I am about out of ideas.  I have been trying to install the printer to my new PC and all efforts end with it telling me I am ready to print a test page.  When I do, though, it tells me there is no communication between the printer and the PC.  Any suggestions?  I have installed/uninstalled drivers for both Windows 7 and Vista as suggested by someone in the community with no success.  Would appreciate any help.  Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Tweedrvr,

Did you try following the instructions located at...

V305 & V305w All-In-One Printer owners thread

It tells you how to remove the printer, restart your computer and then how to install the printer in the compatibility mode.

Rick

1 Message

i cant see fullscreen display when playing game other program and screen resolution are ok can u help me my

< ADMIN NOTE : Email id removed per privacy policy >

3 Posts

December 20th, 2009 13:00

Hi, Rick,

Yes, I did.  I did the Vista SP2 thing and at least I don't get the message that there is no communication between the PC and the printer.  Now it just doesn't print.  Is that progress?? !!

Tweedrvr

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 20th, 2009 14:00

Tweedrvr,

Did you try installing the printer with the Virus program and the firewall turned off?

What is the make and model of your computer with Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?

Rick

2 Posts

January 15th, 2010 05:00

Hi Rick, Hope you can help. I have recently upgraded to windows 7 at which point my Dell V305w printer stopped working (I do not use it wireless). I have tried all the tips that you have posted on this forum without any success, it still gives 'No communication' error. I have tried the printer on friends laptops and it works ok, I have tried my laptop on friends printer and it works ok. I can even print the test page from my laptop but nothing else ? any advise would be great as I am at a loss.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 15th, 2010 17:00

Norwichboy,

Try going to Drivers & Downloads and enter your service tag number. Try installing the Notebook Utility(System Utilities) and the Chipset drivers. You have to install the Vista drivers if no Windows 7 drivers are available.

I can't remember if you have to install these drivers in the compatibility mode.

Right click on the drivers, left click properties, compatibility. Select Vista (I used Vista SP2)

Then try using the instructions located at...

V305 & V305w All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Then tell me what happens.

Rick

1 Message

May 23rd, 2011 12:00

hi

in few words

++ make sure u uninstall any previous driver from control panel( uninstall software)

++ AND DONT INSTALL ANY COMPATIBLE MODE e.g. using win vista driver in compatible mode dont do it

+++ INSTALL THE LATEST WIN7 DRIVER FROM DELL SUPPORT.

AFTER THE INSTALLATION IS COMPLETE , DONT FORGET TO ACCEPT DELL AGREEMENT , THE U WILL STILL GET THE MSG THAT THERE IS NO COMMUNICATION , TO GET OVER THIS , SIMPLY GOTO PRINTER AND DEVICES AND RIGHT CLICK ON DELL305 THEN CHOSE TROUBLESHOOT IT WILL DETECT AND FIX THE PROBLEM AUTOMATICLY

then ur printer is working

the problem is a network security issue , we need to add the printer to the homegroup inorder to use it wireless , truoblshooting finish this steb automatic

No Events found!