Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 11th, 2007 13:00

XP Driver Removal Utility

If your system was originally configured with Windows XP and is now running Vista, you may be experiencing various issues with your printer. Many of these problems stem from remnants of the XP driver. We have developed a removal tool for uninstalling all of the XP driver that seems to be causing these issues.

The utility is posted with available downloads for your printer on http://support.dell.com. The utility will be labeled "Dell - Patch/Upgrade."

1 Message

September 11th, 2007 14:00

DellXPS210 / Windows Vista Home Premium / Dell A960 AIO Printer -- I want to thank you for finally solving the problem between Vista and the A960 software. However your instructions to use the original CD didn't work for me. When I used the utility then used the April download of the AIO software, I was able to print, scan and fax for the first time since using my old printer with the new system in March '07.

4 Posts

October 1st, 2007 15:00

Bill, my new computer comes with Vista Home Premium and I had problems printing with my Dell AIO A920.  The error is on Communication between the computer and printer.  I downloaded this patch you recommended but it uninstalled all my other softwares that are installed successfully and are running in XP- compatible in my Vista.  I re-installed my DELL printer but I had the same problem with printing.  The test page spools, then status turns OFFLINE and a message comes out about the Communication problem.  I had to restore my computer to the previous stage before the patch is installed. I'm still to solve this communication problem.  Any ideas?

55 Posts

October 7th, 2007 16:00

when you are using dell pc, is possible that was installed mcaffy soft on this pc.
when yes, try to make exception for printer in mcaffy and for aio.exe and printerwatcher

4 Posts

October 10th, 2007 14:00

Thank you for your response.  It's a Toshiba laptap but it has McAfee installed.

November 11th, 2007 16:00

Bill,
HELP! My Dell printer  AIO A962 printer running under Vista 32 is printing very slowly. Each page takes about a minute to print. I have downloaded all of the patches and upgrades, but I continue to have the problem. Any suggestions??

3 Posts

November 15th, 2007 01:00

I would be very cautious before using the utility on a Vista home machine.  I have a dell Inspiron 530 desktop and Dell AIO 966 printer that I could not get to communicate.  I tried the patch and it wiped my system.  I had tech support on for 9 hours trying to fix it, and ultimately they had to reformat my hard-drive.  Not a good "fix" in my opinion.

13 Posts

December 2nd, 2007 18:00

Thank you for this utility! My 962 would not communicate after my Vista install, and I tried everything to get around uninstalling Vista to uninstall the XP drivers. I used the utility, installed my drivers again, and viola! I can finally print!

Thank You Dell!

5 Posts

January 28th, 2008 17:00

I cannot find this utility anywhere.
I am having the same problem, but with Windows XP machines.
Is this a driver issue or what?

6 Posts

June 23rd, 2008 12:00

I have given up on trying to use Dell equipment.  I will not buy another Dell.  I have ordered an HP printer as HP at least has user support.  I have owned several Dell machines, but looking at all the problems with the AIO 966 and the assistance provided by Dell has completely soured me on Dell.  My XPS 410 will be the last Dell in my home. 

My printer dies after each page prints or about halfway through a page.  I get a message to unplug the power cord and the USB connection and restart.  A 10 page document took 72 minutes to print.

Thanks, Dell.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 25th, 2008 19:00

Is your printer under warranty? Have you tried to contact Tech Support for assistance?

6 Posts

June 28th, 2008 01:00

I called Dell support today since I am under warranty.  The technician uninstalled my 966 drivers, the 966 printer and could not install either the drivers or the printer.  So now I have nothing.  After 3 hours, all that was accomplished was to completely remove all my printing capability.  He finally gave up and told me I should call the computer section so they could wipe my hard drive and reinstall the O/S.  SO I will lose all my files unless I get an external hard drive to back up everything off-line.  I am so happy I got a Dell.  I thought this would be a dream computer, not a nightmare.  I am also glad I called Dell for 'ASSISTANCE'. 

I have ordered a HP printer.  I will see if I can get it installed.  If not, I will see if I can return my computer and printer so I can get something that works.

Dimension DXP061 - XPS410

Windows Vista

Intel TM2 Quad 2.4Ghz CPU

4GB RAM

NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600 GTS 256MB

Dell 2407WFP-HC

Message Edited by kapina on 06-27-2008 09:32 PM

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 28th, 2008 04:00

Please make a new post, I think I can help you. Please tell us what computer, Operating system, Printer make and model, and how the printer is connected. Please don't jump too fast at this, I'm sure there's a solution.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 28th, 2008 04:00

Kapina,

Sorry I didn't read your earlier post. Problem with posting is someone's elses post.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

It will completely remove the printer from your computer. Restart your computer.

Now go to drivers and downloads/select product/printers/select your printer. Download drivers and firmware.

Install your printer drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect it.

Then install the firmware.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

No Events found!