Highlighted
omega62
1 Copper

XPS 1530 / DELL 968 AIO PRINTING ISSUES

I've had no problems up until recentley with my XPS 1530 running Windows Vista 64 bit printing wirelessly to my 968 AIO. Out of no where I cannot print anymore, either wireless or connected via a usb port. I had someone look at it and they tried everything they could, from re-installing drivers, removing drivers and the printer, checking ports, etc... nothing worked. My other laptop running xps has no problems and can print. The suggestion was an upgrade to Windows 7 may help, so I did and I still have the same problems. My IT guy even brought his netbook over and downloaded the drivers as was able to print. So we know it's not the printer but it has something to do with the XPS whether I am running vista 64 bit or windows 7 64 bit, It can see the printer and all but cannot print to it. Anyone have any advice on how to correct the problem would be most appricated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: XPS 1530 / DELL 968 AIO PRINTING ISSUES

omega62,

I replied to your OTHER THREAD. The instructions located at Dell 968 & 968w All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7) explain how to install the printer on a Windows 7 machine, as well. The trick is to use the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode, your option on which you want to install it on. If you need help, just reply to this thread or the other one.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos