Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2010 16:00

aio 942 WITH DIMENSION 9100 WORKSTATION AND WINDOWS XP; NEED TO LOAD DRIVERS AND/OR REMOVE SOFTWARE

AIO 942 PRINTER HAS HAD ISSUES PRINTING FROM WORKSTATION IN THE PAST.  IT WILL SCAN OR COPY BUT HAS COMMUNICATION ISSUES WITH THE WORKSTATION.  I HAVE BEEN USING MY SON'S CANON UNTIL HE TOOK IT BACK TO COLLEGE.  I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP USING THE 942 THE WAY IT WAS LOADED ORIGINALLY, WHERE THE AIO WINDOW POPS UP AND GIVES PRINTING PREFERENCES.  I HAVE JUST TRIED TO LOAD THE DRIVERS FROM THE ORIGINAL DISK, BUT THE SYSTEM IS LOOKING FOR FILES THAT EVIDENTLY DO NOT EXIST ON THE ORIGINAL DISK.  I HAVE ALSO TRIED TO UNINSTALL THE SOFTWARE, BUT IT WILL NOT BE REMOVED.  HOW DO I START FROM SCRATCH, SO I CAN DOWNLOAD THE UPDATED DRIVERS.  THIS WILL BE MY LAST ATTEMPT BEFORE BUYING A NEW PRINTER AT ONE OF THE COMPUTER OUTLETS NEARBY. I NEED A PRINTER YESTERDAY!!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 25th, 2010 17:00

t9924jp,

Using all caps is considered shouting and it's also very hard to read.

Without knowing the make and model of your computer and operating system, you can try the instructions to reinstall the printer at...

Dell 942 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Rick

19 Posts

August 25th, 2010 19:00

my apologies....i don't blog or message, hence, my ignorance.   i hope this is better.   i had put my system and model in what i considered the title.  i have a dell 9100 dimension model and a dell 942 all in one printer. i am using windows xp.   i will check out your suggestion as you posted.  if this reply's information changes anything in your response, please let me know.  again, my apologies for shouting and thanks for your quick response.

19 Posts

August 25th, 2010 20:00

The 942 aio printer is printing,  but has an "Alignment error".   When I powered it up, I was told that my color cartridge was in reserve, so I replaced it with a fresh one.  The black cartridge is half full.  The flip up screen on the printer has "Alignment Error:  Ensure the tape is removed from both cartridges."  I have done so and ran an alignment page again, but still get the same message.  The page appears to not have all of the printed marks on it, but does have black and blue.  The printer has sat for a few months with the old cartridges in it.  Could it be clogged or something?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 25th, 2010 21:00

t9924jp,

Are you using Dell Series 5 ink cartridges?

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. Plug everything back in. This will reset any error messages the printer has.

Power on the printer. Open the printer and take out the Dell Series 5 Black cartridge. make sure all the tape is off the cartridge and put the cartridge back in. Now do the same for the Dell Series 5 color cartridge.

Close the printer. It should print an alignment page. Any error messages?

Black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Photo cartridge = black side(left side)         color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It is also possible to get a new ink cartridge with a bad sensor. Please take it to the place of purchase for a refund or a replacement one.

Rick

No Events found!