itis_janet
1 Copper

copy and scan image quality went kaput!

I have had two Dell MFP 3115cns for 3 years, one at work, one at my home office. I have been extremely satisfied with its function and quality. However, just this past week I've had a problem with images and documents that are copied or scanned. Printing documents or images originating from the computer are fine its only scanned or copied images that is the problem. They are coming out blurry and with a shadow. I have tried resetting to the defaults for the scanner thinking maybe I changed something inadvertently, but  no change to the image/document - still blurry and shadowed. I tried shutting the machine off for several hours thinking maybe something is getting overheated in the scan/copy deck/housing, still no change. Have spent several hours on the dell support site trying to troubleshoot this particular problem to no avail. Does something in the scan/copy deck need to be realigned or recalibrated?? Any suggestions appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Valheru
1 Copper

Re: copy and scan image quality went kaput!

I am having the same problem.  I remember when I first got my printer, a calibration chart/page was printed.  I was then instructed to have the scanner scan it to set the alignment.  I think this is what is needed.  I can't find anything explaining how to redo that process.

Would be interested in hearing what you have been told on how to fix this issue.

0 Kudos
BenFromBoston
1 Copper

RE: copy and scan image quality went kaput!

I have the unlucky problem of being the guy that my friends think knows how to fix their computers.

I have someone's 3115cn printer that is having a problem with *color* scanning or copying.  Black & White copies and printing is fine.  WHen I scan or copy a color image (in color, that is), the scanned document and of course, the resulting printing looks like three ghost images: the scanner head appears to be off for the different colors.  is there a way to fix that myself?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ant0ni0
1 Copper

RE: copy and scan image quality went kaput!

Same problem here..

0 Kudos