Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 26th, 2015 11:00

dell 2330dn driver unavailable under windows 10

Hi

despite of having properly installed file downloaded at dell website, driver is not showing up

what should I do ?

thnax for your help

best regards

1 Message

January 19th, 2017 14:00

Windows 10 does not officially support this printer but after fiddling with it a bit I finally found a solution and it works fine now

-go to driver link www.dell.com/.../drivers

-pick "drivers & downloads" (make sure that your operating system choice is set correctly. for example windows 10 64bit or windows 10 32bit) and choose "Drivers for os deployment"

-click the download button

-choose to save the file, and when its done downloading open and install it making sure that you have the correct printer selected when it asks you.

-go to start menu and open control panel

-open devices and printers

-right click "dell 2330 laser printer" and select "properties"

-choose "hardware" tab and select "properties"

-select "change settings"

-click the "driver" tab and select "update driver"

-choose "browse my computer for driver"

-choose "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

-select "printers", "dell", "dell 2230d laser printer class driver" (2230d is not a typo)

-select "next" and when prompted with "update driver warning" select "yes"

-and were done. your printer should interact normally with your computer now. :-)

• 

16.7K Posts

October 28th, 2015 06:00

ecf0brels,

When you downloaded and saved the drivers did you extract them to a folder to install? Click the link below for resolving the driver install for the printer.

http://dell.to/1GIKnFL

Download:
1. Click the Download Now link to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.

Install:
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new executable file.
2. Follow the instructions on the on-screen wizard.
3. Upon agreeing to the Dell Software License Agreement, you would select the installation folder.
4. After selecting the Installation folder, click on Next button.
5. The Add Printer Wizard and the Printer Wizard Information will be displayed to help guide the printer driver installation.
Note: Do not close Printer Wizard Information window, as it provides you summary snapshot of steps required for print driver installation.
6. Follow the instructions on the Add Printer Wizard.
7. After printer driver is installed, the Printer Wizard Information screen will exit.

7 Posts

October 28th, 2015 07:00

Hi Jesse

thanx for your help

I strictly followed your procedure but it did not work

I succeed in getting the printer running by using a driver available in Windows but the one for 2330dn is not there thus I used the one of 2350dn

I go there through Configuration panel till printer then in printer settings / personalize / advanced and then selected 2350dn driver as when clicking on new driver and next and selecting dell, 2330dn does not appear, goinf from 2230d to 2335dn !

thus I get a printer printing but only 1 side and 1 page/side which is not too bad but not what I hot before

if you can help further

thanx

best regards

Emmanuel

• 

16.7K Posts

October 30th, 2015 10:00

ecf0brels,

I located some articles and information that may be helpful installing the drivers for your printer.

How to Extract Printer Drivers from a Downloaded Package

2330d / 2330dn Dell Laser Printer Knowledge Base Resource Library

Dell 2330d/dn Mono Laser Printer Driver

1 Message

February 4th, 2016 11:00

I selected the link you posted.went to 

3. Drivers for Laser Printers

where I found:

11Touch and hold or right-click the file name, then click Properties.

then to Compatibility Mode:

1. Using the drop-down menu select the Operating System that matches the Operating System selected earlier.

Windows 10 is not included in he drop-down menu.

Therefore, this implies that the driver for 2330d is not compatible and therefore a mistake by Microsoft in advising users that it is Windows 10 compatible.  

How do we get this reconciled and fixed?

3. Drivers for Laser Printers

6 Posts

April 26th, 2016 12:00

I tried your suggestions, went to each link, and it did not make a difference the driver work in Windows 10.

6 Posts

April 26th, 2016 12:00

I have the same problem.  I tried your suggestions and it did not make a difference.

1 Message

March 30th, 2017 08:00

This is extremely frustrating & disappointing.

After updating to Windows 10, windows was no longer communicating with my Dell 2330d printer.  The user, "tweakking" (above) posted an answer that allows you to link Windows 10 to your Dell 2330d printer, but you still lose functionality.

I bought the Dell 2330d so that I can print on both sides of a sheet of paper without having to manually flip anything.  Dual-sided printing is one of the features and one of the selling points of the 2330d printer.

Unfortunately, while Windows 10 now recognizes my 2330d printer after following tweakking's useful advice, you lose the ability to print on both sides of a sheet of paper.  

This is a problem and the solution seems simple and clear: Dell needs to provide its customers with an actual Windows 10 compatible driver for the Dell 2330d printer.

Dell, we have work to do, and I remain a Dell customer.  Can you provide us with this driver?  And can provide us with this driver you sooner than later?  (This driver won't be very useful to your customers half a year from today 3/30/17)  

1 Message

November 22nd, 2017 06:00

This worked for me.

1 Message

July 8th, 2019 16:00

I followed the same method above and it did not even link the PC to the printer.  I finally got the printer working properly (with double side printing) following a suggestion from the Microsoft Community.

1. Unzip/Extract the downloaded file Dell_2330_2350_ACH_Admin.exe into a folder.

2. Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> Add a printer
Choose: The printer that I want isn’t listed
Choose: Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings
Choose: Use an existing port
Choose: Have Disk

3. Locate the driver from the folder: drivers /Print /Win_2kXP/ DKACHL40.inf

4. Wait for the installation process to complete

Hope this also work for you.

1 Message

July 22nd, 2019 03:00

My printer finally started working, for no apparent reason. I just felt compelled to share my experience. 

I thought I had bought a 2330D (cheap & second hand), first of all, but when i plug it in it shows 2330DN. I run Win10 on a Dell laptop (5579), i thought it'd make the process easier. 

For a couple of hours the printer would refuse to work saying the driver was not available. I tried all the uninstall / install processes I could find, including everything on this thread. 

After maybe the 5th to 10th try, and after trying without success the reco from Starpig, the next uninstall, followed by reboot and plugging in the printer, the printer finally showed ready for operation, and it's now working, seemingly perfectly. It does print double sided. 

Anyway. This doesn't make any sense to me, and I consider myself pretty techy, but it finally started working, so 1. I'm happy and 2. if you cannot make your printer work, keep trying, there seems to be a good chance it will eventually start working for no apparent reason! 

Thank you all and good luck!

8 Posts

August 22nd, 2019 02:00

Clarifying note:

I did NOT have to specifically install the "DKACHL40.inf" driver. When I pointed the install to the folder it was in, the install window didn't allow me to choose the specific file. So I just clicked "open" to the whole folder to let it use whatever it wanted and it worked.

2nd note:

While I was failing to install the printer before succeeding, I had gone to one of the Dell driver folders in the temp folder and tried to install all 130 INF driver files to get the drivers to show on the Windows manual install list. This had worked in Win XP pretty well. But Win 10 wasn't helping. All attempts to "right click > install" any INF resulted in a "not digitally signed driver" error. No override option. I believe this is one reason that the Dell driver files for older printers are failing to install and get printers to work.

SO... DELL TECHS... GET ALL YOUR OLD NON-WIN 10 DRIVER INFs D-SIGNED AND IT'S LIKELY MANY INSTALL ERRORS AND FAILURES WILL BE SOLVED!

8 Posts

Opps... on my 1st reply I said I had a 3220DN printer. It is a 2330DN. So... all later entries are correct for the 2330DN. Didn't want to confuse the issue.

8 Posts

Starpig's instrux worked after a fashion. Windows 10 (build 1803) had found the printer on 1st USB plugin, but Win 10 stated no driver was installed. It would not print. I tried several fixes and this is what finally worked (I think). I do not show the errors I made... too many to keep track.

Note I did download the Windows Update printers list. This did bring in the 2350 printer series files and I did try them. This had worked on another PC last year, as it had on an Epson laser printer on a friend's PC 2 years ago. However, not on this one... Win 10 did not see the printer after several connect attempts and reboots.

Now the successful details:

The 3220DN printer is on but disconnected from USB port at the PC. PC restarted fresh.

After 5 minutes to be sure Win 10 had stabilized I began install.

I downloaded both "Dell_2330_2350_ACH_Admin.exe" and "Software_OPD_Dell_A15_Win.zip" from Dell site.

I unzipped "Software_OPD_Dell_A15_Win.zip" and ran install.

Even though no printer was specifically seen by the ODP, and I couldn't set details, it test printed successfully.

Set the resulting Dell Open Print Driver as default printer in the printer list.

For a 2nd time I disconnected the printer (still on) from USB port at the PC. PC restarted fresh + 5 minutes.

Then installed "Dell_2330_2350_ACH_Admin.exe" as per Starpig's instrux.

Connect USB cord. After 2 minutes the 2330 is seen on printer list and set as default.

Printed a text file correctly. Reboot and it's still there.

Disconnect the USB cable and printer shows as "inactive". When reconnected 1 minute later, printer was "ready" and is still set as default.

The Dell ACH Admin software is also working in all functions to set printer details and check ink level.

I consider this as a victory!

1 Message

April 28th, 2020 11:00

I found a simple solution. At least, it worked for me.

1. Go to Dell Drivers Website
  2. Search for Dell Open Print Driver
  3. Download and Install Dell Open Print Driver instead of Dell 2330d/2330dn Mono Laser Printer (Select "Dell Open Print Driver" as default printer during the installation)
  4. Print

Done.

No Events found!