Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2012 16:00

dell 944 printer spooler subsystem app error

I had this error message appear every time I tried to print on the Dell 944. I deinstalled the printer and drivers and downloaded replacement drivers. Every time i try to install the drivers I click the icon that says install on private computer for home use and nothing happens? I have tried the printer disc and the same situation arises. Any ideas on what I need to do to get these drivers to reinstall correctly... thanks

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 29th, 2012 23:00

Hi iltenore,

Installing the drivers in the prescribed manner and starting the services necessary for the scanning application could resolve the problem.

Follow the below steps to reinstall the printer drivers in prescribed manner.

Please disconnect the USB cable that runs from the printer to the computer and uninstall the printer driver by using uninstaller software. Here is a link to download one.

http://revouninstallerpro.com/

Install the software and uninstall the printer driver using the Advanced Uninstall option from the software.

The software prompts asking you to delete the Registry keys corresponding to the printer driver. Select all and delete them. Restart the computer to remove any traces of the printer software.

Note: These 3rd party links are exclusively my suggestions based on the personal research and experience. Usage of these links is purely based on customer’s discretion.

Perform the steps below and ensure that the services required for the printer to work are started.

1. Press the “Windows + R” to launch the run window.
  2. Type “Services.msc” in the run window and hit the Enter key.

Right click each service mentioned below, click properties. Set the startup type as “Automatic” from the drop down menu and click “Start”. Please click “Apply” to save the changes.

The services to be enabled are:

• Human Interface Devices (HID).
  • Printer Spooler.
  • RPC (Remote Procedure Call).
  • RPC Locator (Remote Procedure Call Locator).
  • Windows image acquisition (WIA).
  • Windows Installer.

Insert the printer driver’s cd for Dell 944 printer and install the drivers in the computer.

If you do not have a cd use the following steps to download the printer drivers.

Download the printer driver from the link below.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/dell-944

NOTE: Please do not connect the printer using the USB cable to the computer prior to installing the drivers.

Please copy the above mentioned link, paste it in the address bar of the new internet explorer window.

1. Select the operating system of your computer from the list.
  2. Save the file to the desktop.
  3. Double-Click on the downloaded file.
  4. Click “Yes”, when the utility prompts to extract the files.
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  6. Connect the printer using the USB cable when prompted.
  7. Try to print.

Please reply for further help.

2 Posts

November 26th, 2012 10:00

Hi  and thank you for your advice. When I go onto the Dell download site it does not show any drivers for a Dell 944 All in One operating on Windows XP ??? Do you know where I can get the driver download file from ???

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 26th, 2012 13:00

Hi iltenore,

If you have a printer driver’s disk, Insert the printer driver’s cd for a Dell 944 printer and install the drivers in the computer. If the cd is unavailable use the following steps to download the printer drivers.

Click here to download the XP drivers for this printer:From the list please select the “Dell Photo All-In-One - 944, v.WebNet944EN32, A00-01” for English.

NOTE: Please do not connect the printer using the USB cable to the computer prior to installing the drivers. Please choose the right operating system from the list under operating system.

Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Connect the printer using the USB cable when prompted.

Try Scanning and printing the document from the computer and reply with results.

Please post the results.

No Events found!