Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 6th, 2009 09:00

dell laser MFP 1815 door open front door error

The printer had this error coming and going for some time and now it won't go away anymore when taking out the toner cartridge and paper tray's.  I'm sure it's a switch, but I don't know where to find it for this error.

3 Posts

September 8th, 2009 11:00

I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

1.7K Posts

September 9th, 2009 10:00

The "front door open circuit" is actually located on the main power board and operated via linkage from the front right-side of the printer. When you close the door, a plunger on the door pushes thru an opening in the chassis face that pushes the linkage that closes the switch..... and the leg bone is connected to the thigh bone.... etc.

Many folks believe that the little switch inside the rear-left of  the cartridge cavity is the cartridge switch..... not true. This is the laser safety switch which prevents operation of the laser if the front door is open and the cartridge is removed.

2 Posts

September 9th, 2009 09:00

Sorry i didn't find a fix.  Funny thing is it went away, and this is now the 2nd time this has happened,  Just that the 2nd time lasted longer.  I know it must be a cheap sensor, but i don't know where to find it.

3 Posts

September 10th, 2009 09:00

Welcome to the world of disposable printers.  I got the same answers that you did.  On the plus side, I went with the new dell unit and it prints 35 pages a minute and costs less than what I paid for the 1815dn.  Call your Dell rep, they can ususally do better than the website.

Good luck & God bless.

1.7K Posts

The "sensor" is actually a common micro switch mounted on the HVPS board. The part number of the HVPS (Hi-Volt-Pwr-Spply) is WH773.

2 Posts

I am having this same problem with my 1815dn.  I took it to a printer repair shop and they confirmed that the sensor is bad, but they are telling me that this part is not available.  I called Dell and they are telling me the same thing.  Does anyone know where I can purchase this part? 

1.7K Posts

September 10th, 2009 10:00

If the micro-switch is indeed defective (and the linkage has been verified good) then yes, replacement of this part should fix the problem. You should be able to purchase the part from Dell spare parts. (I do not have the number, sorry)

Per one of the prior Forum posts, for what you'd spend on this plus the cost of labor, you may be better off buying a new printer.

2 Posts

September 10th, 2009 10:00

So replacing the HVPS part # WH773 will in effect replace the micro switch (sensor) and correct the problem?  Any idea where I can purchase this?  The only one that I found on ebay is in the UK.

2 Posts

October 7th, 2009 19:00

I get the same problem too now,  it seems this issue is more and more popular now,

Have you guys fixed this issue?

what is the best solution?

2 Posts

October 7th, 2009 20:00

Alellison,

Thank you so much for you quick reply. And..

Could you please let me know what it is unit 2325, and where can i buy it?

Best to give a URL link.

Thank you so much!

3 Posts

October 7th, 2009 20:00

After a long time on hold looking for parts from Dell, our answer was to buy a new unit (2325).  That is sad that three years is all we got from the machine.  Thankfully, they are not that expensive.  Good luck.

1.7K Posts

October 8th, 2009 07:00

If you read down the thread a little farther.....

Quoted:
"The "sensor" is actually a common micro switch mounted on the HVPS board. The part number of the HVPS (Hi-Volt-Pwr-Spply) is WH773."

10 Posts

November 8th, 2010 09:00

I had the same issue, the first time it came back operational after few hours, the second time after a day. and now it had the issue for more than a day. So what I did is disasemble the printer and removed the sensor and souder the 2 connectors so the sensor is not used anymore and the contact is always close . I put everything back together and the problem is fix.

2 Posts

June 16th, 2011 15:00

Hey, here is a video that shows you how to fix this error, Replace the HVPS (Part# WH773). Iteminc.com has this part and can ship same day. The sensor which reads if the door is open can go bad and it is part of the HVPS. Here is a video that explains this error and shows you how to replace it. Hope it helps. Good luck!

1 Message

September 8th, 2011 09:00

Hi pplz watch this video posted by one of our member please dont change the high voltage board. There are two switches on the high voltage board just chage both switches and you are done.

Front door switch http://cpc.farnell.com/camden/csm40510c/microswitch-v4-pcb-lever/dp/SW03192

Switch for rear door + fuser http://cpc.farnell.com/camden/csm40510d/microswitch-v4-pcb90-14-5mm-lever/dp/SW03194

Each switch is about 49P each both will coast you £1.00+ delivery and £49 you can spend on your girlf friend to make her happy.

Happy life :-)

No Events found!