Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 6th, 2009 09:00

dell laser MFP 1815 door open front door error

The printer had this error coming and going for some time and now it won't go away anymore when taking out the toner cartridge and paper tray's.  I'm sure it's a switch, but I don't know where to find it for this error.

September 9th, 2011 15:00

Before I buy these 2 parts, has anyone tried this?   Did it work?  

1 Message

February 12th, 2014 01:00

In my case there was no need to change the whole board or the switches, neither. It was only the lever of one of the microswitches, witch slipped off the place it had to be.

Nevertheless you need to disassemble the printer.

1 Message

March 10th, 2014 18:00

In our case, after changing a cartridge we would get an error stating the front door was open each and every time and it would take many attempts to get the printer to take and quit beeping. After a few years of messing with it each time the cartridge was changed, someone figured out that  if turn the printer on its left side and then bring back to the upright position and then proceed to open and re-close the Back Door, it corrected our particular issue. I am not sure how relevant it is to tip it on its side, but it worked. Or, at least for now.  I hope this helps with anyone else that has and is having this issue.  This is actually a very reliable printer and we have not had any other problem with it. Good Luck. 

1 Message

July 8th, 2014 15:00

Hi i have a solution i found on you tube just go to youtube type in the model of printer and front door open 

January 10th, 2016 22:00

1.10.16.Sun @2430 hrs KS time

Burlington,KS

TO: Llynster

RE: SO where do I send my 2009 Dell MFP 1815dn to get it repaired? & Serviced. This is an $ 800 printer. and i need my printer up an working correctly. Can U help me?

SMS/Call me <ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>

2 Posts

November 27th, 2019 13:00

I mean which are the 2 connectors? Many thanks

2 Posts

November 27th, 2019 13:00

Hi Could you help specify the sensor and sounder connectors? Many thanks

No Events found!