Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2009 20:00

dell v 305 wireless printer will not work with pc

i have a problem, i am trying to install this printer on my pc but everytime it gets done installing the drivers, it automatically uninstalls itself, i cannot for the life of me figure out what the problem is, plus it doesn't even install the printer driver itself, but i have installed it on a laptop and it works fine.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 7th, 2009 14:00

02chris,

First, I recommend that you get all the Windows Updates, especially the custom ones. Net framework is needed for many applications. Also make sure to have the latest Java.

I recommend these settings for your wireless router and usually you have great communications with the printer.

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security. Most wireless devices work best with this type of security.

Mixed b and g mode(n if available)

Use channels 1, 6 or 11. Most devices work better on these channels.

Save and exit. Power everything off for 30 seconds. Power everything back on, wait 30 seconds, now try to connect.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Please remember to install the latest firmware for the V305 printer, when you have the USB cable connected.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

Rick

No Events found!