Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

May 31st, 2008 21:00

error 1203 photo 926 - printer

Hi I am having problems with printer, the printer was working OK, but when I moved from where I had it, the first thing apearing on the screen is error 1203 and a message to consult the user guide, i have turn power off nad back on several times and have turned on/off as well, taken out the cartridge and insterted back in, several times as well, I have run out of Ideas of what to do? please help me to resolve this issue.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 31st, 2008 22:00

According to what I find, doing a google search for "error 1203" it is a cartridge error. 

This refers to a Lexmark but it is also applicable to Dells, as they are made by Lexmark.  Click Me

1 Message

July 9th, 2010 17:00

Hi , I am having the same problem and ahve done the same as you to try to fix it.  I did not move it.  It just happened all of a sudden.  Have you received any help regarding this issue?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 9th, 2010 20:00

Rezzie,

Error 1203 is a very interesting error code. Here is what I found out about error 1203

It's mean your catridges overflow even from brand new catridges after a several prints or right after you refilled the catridges. Check to see if ink are smeared on the holder where the contact panel with the catridge. I have the same problem which I think lexmark have a proble and overlook.

Solution:
I use the klennex with a few drops of water to dampen and clean off those contact on the holder and my printer work again.
The refill ink work very well if you let it sit 24 hrs. Then before you print anything, you should run aligned the catridges a couple times then run clean catridges a couple times.
Print the test page to see how it's look and way you go.
Be sure not to leave any debris of klennex on those holder contact panel.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Rick

1 Message

June 7th, 2012 08:00

Having problems with the printer. ( 926 printer all in one)1203 is on the printer screen. I have pulled power several times and removed the cartridge and inserted it back in. Can not locate guide  and need help. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 7th, 2012 10:00

2021lind,

Error 1203 is a very interesting error code. Here is what I found out about error 1203

It's mean your cartridges overflow even from brand new cartridges after a several prints or right after you refilled the cartridges. Check to see if ink are smeared on the holder where the contact panel with the cartridge. I have the same problem which I think lexmark have a problem and overlook.

Solution:
I use the klennex with a few drops of water to dampen and clean off those contact on the holder and my printer work again.
The refill ink work very well if you let it sit 24 hrs. Then before you print anything, you should run aligned the cartridges a couple times then run clean cartridges a couple times.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Rick

1 Message

June 26th, 2014 15:00

Hi I am having problems with printer, the printer was working OK, but when I moved from where I had it, the first thing apearing on the screen is error 1203 and a message to consult the user guide, i have turn power off nad back on several times and have turned on/off as well, taken out the cartridge and insterted back in, several times as well, I have run out of Ideas of what to do? please help me to resolve this issue.

have not used my printer since 2010, hooked it up in 2011 once to make sure it worked and never tried to use it until today 6/26/2014.  Please help me get this printer to work asap.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 27th, 2014 13:00

rcla,

It's mean your cartridges overflow even from brand new cartridges after a several prints or right after you refilled the cartridges. Check to see if ink are smeared on the holder where the contact panel with the cartridge. I have the same problem which I think lexmark have a problem and overlook.

Solution:
The refill ink work very well if you let it sit 24 hrs. Then before you print anything, you should run aligned the cartridges a couple times then run clean cartridges a couple times.

Or try Cleaning the encoder strip (Loud bang from printer carriage)

Rick

No Events found!