Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 8th, 2009 08:00

my printer

I am getting really frustrated with my printer.  I can't  figure out how to scan things and I can't print off a page.  I can print just the page I am looking at but if I am trying to print from the page I can't.  My mother has the same printer (I bought it for her at the same time I bought mine) and her's works great.  I tried to do work on mine and couldn't get it to work so I tried it on her computer/printer and it worked.  She also has something called scanner and camera wizard, which I do not have and can not find for my life.  I have reinstalled the printer  thinking that might be the problem but that didn't help.  I have the DellV305 printer.  Please help me. 

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

March 8th, 2009 09:00

You don't mention your OS. That's important to tell us.

Scanner and Camera wizard is built into Windows. Located at    C:\Windows\System32\wiaacmgr.exe

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 8th, 2009 21:00

tynanic,

Let's try by making sure you have the printer and wireless router working correctly and this usually solves the problems. Please follow these instructions carefully.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

I'm thinking you're losing your communications with the wireless router. Try installing the printer as directed below and see if your communications improves. I have been using these wireless router settings for a few years and I can always communicate with my wireless printer.

Disconnect your printer.

Un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(WPA Personal). Most wireless devices work best with this type of security.

Mixed b and g mode(n if available)

Use channels 1, 6 or 11. Most devices work better on these channels.(I use channel 11) 

Save and exit. Power everything off for 30 seconds. Power everything back on, wait 30 seconds, now try to connect.

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

Update list of applications to send scans to

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

4 Posts

March 8th, 2009 21:00

I have windows vista.  I found the C:/ windows  etc. got to the wiaacmgr but there was no .exe and I couldn't find the scanner and camera wizard.  Thanks for any help you can give me. 

No Events found!