Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

October 1st, 2010 21:00

print head error - V715w

I keep getting error message about print heads.  I take them out, reinsert, no change.  There are no contacts to clean on these printheads.  What to do?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 2nd, 2010 03:00

DPgirl1,

Resolving Printhead Errors by Cleaning the Printhead on a Dell V313/V313w/V515w/V715w/P513w/P713w AIO Inkjet Printer

Do NOT TOUCH the Printhead nozzle or the Printhead filter

Rick 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 5th, 2010 19:00

DPgirl1,

Can you tell me the exact error messge that you got?

Rick

1 Message

September 8th, 2011 13:00

I have a V715w printer.  I have a printhead error.  I have done all of the recommended checks and still have a problem.  Is there a way to clean these print heads another way?  What is the solution?

2 Posts

November 12th, 2011 08:00

I also have this printhead problem on my 715. have tried cleaning. its a piece of junk.

1 Message

November 19th, 2011 16:00

How do we purchase a new print head for the 715

November 20th, 2011 01:00

14 Posts

December 4th, 2011 09:00

Isn't it funny that the print head costs more than the printer, eh?  This printer is DISPOSABLE.  Don't even bother buying new ink for it because it'll break before you get to use it all up.  I have $150 worth of brand new, sealed Series 24R cartridges sitting on my shelf that I can't use because the print head is messed up.

Dell is unwilling to sell just the print head, but they'll gladly sell you a whole new printer that includes one.  Even if they sold the print head for HALF the price of the new printer, it would be better than the environmental damage they are proposing we do (sending off printer after printer into landfill). You can't even donate this to Dell's National Cristina Foundation, because it doesn't work.

2 Posts

May 8th, 2012 23:00

This cannot be true?!  I just got off the phone with technical support and they are telling me also that they do not sell the printhead and I just purchased over $200.00 worth of ink last month because an ink cartridge went bad on my printer.  I too have the V715w and it probably has about 300 total copies on it and is 16 months old.  It looks brand new and I do not want to fill up a landfill fill every year with printers.  There has to be another solution to this problem and does not entail buying a new printer...  I have been a Dell supportor for over 20 years and have family and friends buying Dell based on my suggestions.

Is it just this printer or other Dell printers as well?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 9th, 2012 14:00

Spydertoo,

It's possible for the printhead to fail. Another member forun a Replacement Printhead

Rick

2 Posts

May 10th, 2012 18:00

Rick,

I understand that items can fail, but just immediately after the warranty expires and I purchase hundreds of dollars of ink?  I had even called in for service a month ago and the solution was a bad ink cartridge needed to be replaced.  Now that seems misdiagnosed.  That does not seem reasonable in my opinion for all this at the same time.  The printer probably has no more than 200-300 copies printed in the entire time I have had the printer.

I am not sure why you shared a link to the purchase of a Lexmark web site.  I have a Dell V715w printer and it seems a bad print head.

May 10th, 2012 20:00

Spydertoo,

Your Dell V715w Wireless Printer was made for Dell by Lexmark. Since Dell does not sell replacement printheads, at this time, the option is to purchase the replacement printhead from Lexmark.

Rick

1 Message

May 13th, 2012 06:00

Obviously, don't buy a Dell in the future. That's what I learned. It's not just the printers.....

May 22nd, 2012 13:00

And I can see on my printhead that there is an overheated section on the head itself. Likely the cause of everyone elses failures too.

May 22nd, 2012 13:00

I noticed on my printhead the actual head has overheated and there is a brown mark on it from the overheating. Likely this is the same problem with all the other failures.

No Events found!