Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2012 14:00

v105 will not print- can't stop printing jobs, can't delete printer to reinstall.... plethora of problems, getting frustrated with Dell!

My v105 always has worked fine until recently. I send a job and it sits in queue and the printer does nothing. When I try to delete the job, it will not delete. The status is "deleting..." and it won't go away for days, even when I restart the computer.

I've tried to reinstall the printer. And I have done this a time or two. I have also unplugged the printer, unplugged the USB, and shut down the computer to try to get it to work.

When i go to delete the printer, it will not let me because it has to "complete jobs" before I am able to delete it. I can't remove the program until the job is complete, either.

I want to remove it from my system and try to completely reinstall the printer. Please give me some help to get past this problem. The printer is a couple years old, but barely used. I need this to come through for me.

Thanks,

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 4th, 2012 15:00

keithborer,

Let's start simple. Run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

Next time you print, open the document, click file, print and make sure the proper printer is selected.

Rick

2 Posts

January 5th, 2012 11:00

Rick,

This morning I plugged the USB into another computer and was able to print from there. I did not have the CD to install the printer, but it worked. The scanner did not work, however.

I went through and deleted the print jobs and restarted the computer. I plugged in the USB and the hardware was installed, but when I go to print, a window pops up "Communication Not Available". I do not see this being a problem with the printer or the USB cable. What could it be?

Yesterday, I added the printer again, so in my printers, I have V105 and "V105 copy" I can't delete the copy, and I would like to. I right click on it and choose "delete" but it won't. It says "Deleting- Offline" This is with both of them. I would like to get rid of the copy and undelete the original but can't seem to find a way to do that. If there was a way to totally wipe out both of them and reinstall it like I did on the other computer, that would seem to be a great way to go. I do want the scanner to work, however.

Thanks,

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 5th, 2012 11:00

keithborer,

A print job sttuck in the queue will prevent the printer from being removed.

Try running Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Start, control panel, programs and features, Dell V105 Printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

With the computer online, then insert the printer disk, then follow the instructions.

Rick

No Events found!