Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2010 12:00

v105 won't print (win7)

I'm running windows 7 since a couple of days, so I installed the new drivers for my printer. But as I try to print, the printer freezes. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the programs, but that didn't change anything. So you know, the scanning works perfectly.

Anyone who could help out there, please?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 12th, 2010 12:00

malalaise,

It seems that you'll need to disconnect the printer.

Uninstall the printer.

Then follow the instructions located at...

V105 All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

You'll need to install the drivers in the compatibility mode. The Windows 7 drivers are actually Vista or XP drivers, so the compatibility mode will install on Windows 7. Choose the Drivers that match your operating system 32-bit for Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit for Windows 7 64-bit.

Rick

3 Posts

June 13th, 2010 01:00

Hi there,

Thanks for your quick answer.

I followed the instructions as you told me, but it still doens't work.

Now, I'm getting this:

Communication Not Available

The printer cannot communicate with the computer.

Please turn on “Enable Bidirectional Communication” setting in the printer properties dialog.

I clicked on "enable bidirectional support" (that's the right one, is it?) in the printer properties, but when I tried to print again I got the exact same error message. In the printer properties dialog the tick to enable bidirectional support was gone.

Any idea why that is?

3 Posts

June 13th, 2010 08:00

I managed to fix this problem.

Now there's a new one: The printer loads 60% of the file, but then it freezes.

I'm starting to wonder if it's just me who's too stupid...

I really hope there's someone who could give me another advice.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 13th, 2010 11:00

malalaise,

I have seen on other forums that you can try...

Enable Bidirectional Support/Enable Biodirectional Support

Try it with the box checked, try it without and see what happens. You may have to run Delete Print Jobs to remove the stuck print job.

Without knowing the make and model of your computer and operating system, it can be guess work. Also not knowing the firewall and virus program you're using can also hinder communications.

Rick

No Events found!