Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2013 22:00

v305 / Windows 8 64bit / No Dell Imaging Toolbox

Hi there

I have installed the driver for Windows 7 64 bit for the v305 printer on my Windows 8 64bit machine.  I do not see a driver for Windows 8, and when I select Windows 8 in the driver selector I get given the Win 7 one. 

Anyway I can install the software and it recognises the printer. BUT there is no Dell Imaging Toolbox installed. 

In the last screen of the Driver Install process there is a tick box that says something along the lines of "Put shortcut to Imaging Toolbox on Desktop", but that button cannot be ticked.

I need the toolbox if I am going to be able to scan.

How can I get it installed?]

Thanks

Brett

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 17th, 2013 13:00

Brett,

Dell imaging toolbox is in the drivers package.

On the Windows 8 machine...

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove stuck print job(s) from the queue, then restart your computer.

Make sure the printer is not usb cable connected to this computer.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 8 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 8 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the drivers can be found at...

Dell V305 & V305w All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications. If you did not install any, then Windows Defender is the default Try reading...

Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials/Windows Defender

Rick

November 20th, 2013 02:00

Thank you so much for your response. Apologies for my tardy reply. 

I will be attempting to do the step you outlined, but I won't get a chance until the weekend. 

Thanks again

Brett

1 Message

December 5th, 2013 11:00

GOD it was painful but it worked!! Thanks a mill!

Alan

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 5th, 2013 15:00

Alan,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

December 10th, 2013 02:00

The person who posted that it worked above was not the OP. That's me! It's taken me forever to get a chance to look at this. 

I've got the printer connected now. And I have the dell imaging toolbox on the desktop. I can print successfully, but when I try to Scan I get " 'Network Scan.'  'For best results when scanning over the network: - Save all your work. - Close Dell Imaging Toolbox. - Press the Scan button on your printer's operater panel."

If I try to do it from the printer I can select the Scan to Network option, but when I choose the computer I want to send to it gets stuck on "Downloading Application List"

I'm wondering if it might be a firewall thing? I'm running Norton 360. 

Does this sound like it's a possibility? And if so, what do I need to allow through the firewall. 

If not firewall, then any other ideas?

Thank you so much!

Brett

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 10th, 2013 02:00

Brett,

Try reading...

Allow a printer past Norton

Rick

December 27th, 2013 15:00

Unfortunately this problem still persists, and now I've noticed it's the same my Win 7 64 machine too.

I totally disabled the Norton Firewall, and yet I still got the same message. 

We can scan when we plug directly into the machine, but not when we try over the wireless network. So it does seem to be some network thing. 

Oh well, at least we can plug directly into the printer and scan. I'm thinking of dumping it entirely anyway as the scanning side of things is very poor. I can't get a scan into a PDF without it wanting to do OCR, which I don't need it to do. I just want a PDF. That's an entirely different issue though - I'm just letting off some steam  :)

Cheers

Brett

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 28th, 2013 06:00

Brett,

The printer is scanning the image to a PDF and needs the OCR Program to convert it to the PDF.

Latest issues are...

In the last batch of Windows Updates, Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 11. IE11 had been causing printer problems.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

Rick

No Events found!