Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

July 30th, 2012 17:00

v313w network connectivity

I have a v313w printer that a computer cannot connect to and I keep getting a "Failed to create print object Dell V310 Series (Network). The specified port is unknown" when installing the drivers.

The computer is connected via Ethernet (CAT5). I can see the printer via browser by using the IP address. I am using the drivers for the OS specified per Dell's website. On a laptop, the wireless connection functions properly. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations to get the first computer to connect via the network through the router?

Thanks in advance.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 30th, 2012 17:00

pstephe1,

Why not use the wireless adapter and have all the computers connect to the printer?

Rick

113 Posts

July 31st, 2012 10:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum.

Adding to the above step mentioned, please perform the steps below as the issue is due to the missing file in the registry. I would recommend you to back up the registry before we make any changes.

Please perform the steps below to back up the registry.

1. Click on Start.

2. Click on Run(if it is Windows XP),or Type Run in the search box and hit enter(if it is either of Windows Vista or Windows 7)

3. Type Regedit in the Run window and hit enter.

4. Click on File, in the dropdown menu, click on Export.

5. Name the file as Registry back up and save it on the Desktop.

Now please perform the steps below.        

1) Please download the file from the following Link: www.dllbank.com/.../winprint.dll.zip

2) And save in the folder:

C:\windows\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86 or x64 (Depending on the OS)

3) Click on Start.

4) Click on Run(if it is Windows XP),or Type Run in the search box and hit enter(if it is either of Windows Vista or Windows 7)

5) Type Regedit in the Run window and hit enter.

6) Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86 or X 64 \ Print Processors.

7) If the “winprint” key exists go to step 9. If it does not exist from the Edit menu, select New-Key, and enter a name of “winprint”.

8) Under “winprint” check for a value called Driver. If this does not exist from the Edit menu, select New-String Value and enter a name of Driver.

9) Driver should have a value of winprint.dll. If it does not, double click on Driver and set to winprint.dll. Click OK.

10) Close the registry editor.

11) You should now restart the computer.

12) Now install the printer drivers and the issue should be resolved.

Please post back the results.

No Events found!