RE: v515 Prints once and freezes the WIN 7 Print Que

Jump to solution

I have tried everything except a system restore.  My two other systems on my home network print just fine on the V515.  I just deleted Macaffe (which I did not like anyway) and installed Norton 360...same problem.

Dumping the print que does not work after the first print job completes, it just hangs until I re-boot the system.

This is very frustrating...

0 Kudos
boginski
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem with my P713w.  Windows 7 with latest updates which I do not want to undo. I do NOT have McAfee; I have Microsoft Security Essentials. How do you script the commands "net stop spooler" and "net start spooler"?

0 Kudos
cdrrn
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have experienced exactly the same problem with my 313w.  I went through Dell Tech support and paid my $89 as the printer was out of warranty.  The first tech did not solve the problem but when I called back today, the tech solved the problem.  He told me that I had IE 11 installed with my Windows 7 and that IE 11 was designed to work fully with Windows 8 and still causes many problems in Windows 7.  He uninstalled the IE 11 update rebooted the computer and now the printer works fine!

If the tech's diagnosis is correct, Microsoft should be ashamed of putting out an update the causes problems with OEM peripherals!

Jump to solution

CDRRN, thanks very much for sharing this information!  If I could buy you a beer I would!  This solved my problem!!

I uninstalled IE 11 and reinstalled the IE 10 security updates and low and behold it has worked for 8 print jobs including re-boots!

Thanks again and have a great Holiday!

Jump to solution

CDRRN, your instructions worked, I am printing again!

I uninstalled IE 11 and reinstalled the IE 10 security updates and all has worked for 8 print jobs including system re-boots.  I don't even use IE at all, so for MS to allow IE to affect the core operating system is ridiculous!

Thanks for sharing the information you paid for, if I could buy you a beer I would!

Have a great Holiday!

0 Kudos
TBosch
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Removed IE11, printer working.

Thanks!

davedc50
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same here. Removed IE 11 very carefully (patch by patch) after failure to remove it on first try.  Now running IE 10 and printer is working fine.

Just for laughs, Windows Update is encouraging me to update to IE 11, saying "Internet Explorer 11, the fast and fluid browser recommended for Windows 7."

Many thanks to all who investigated this "remove IE 11" solution and proved that it works!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cdrrn
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Pleased the solution worked for you all as it worked for me!  I did forget to mention that if you have MS Windows update on automatic, it will try to update your IE 10 to IE 11 the next time it checks your system.  You need to switch off the auto update for IE 11.  If you do not know how to do it, the help section in Update explains it quite well.

Lets hope puts in a fix for IE 11 that will stop all the problems in the future.

Good luck!! 

0 Kudos
GalacticHero
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same problem on my V715w, but I am not using McAfee, but AVG. Stopping and restarting the print spooler as suggested in the response below does release the job in the queue, but the next one freezes again. Wash, rinse and repeat

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Jump to solution

GalacticHero,

In the last batch of Windows Updates, Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 11. IE11 had been causing printer problems.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

Try reading...

Allow Wireless Printer Blocked by AVG 8.0 Firewall

If that doesn't work, then try uninstalling AVG using the AVG Removal Tool and restart the computer, then try printing.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015