Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 30th, 2012 07:00

v515w Printer not printing black

I have a v515w printer. When I do a test print page everything prints perfectly. When I print from a computer, no black prints. I get the same result with different computers printing to it. 

According to the program I have about 40% ink still in the cartridge.

Please advise.

August 30th, 2012 08:00

Hi,

I recommend you to try the following steps:
1. Reseat the black ink cartridge.
2. Please open the printer by raising the scanner bed. Press the tab at the back of the black ink cartridge.  
3.Then, take the black cartridge from the printhead tray and re-insert it sliding the front  of the cartridge into the tray first. Push down  the cartridge until it snaps into place.

You will have to clean the cartridges too. Please follow the Deep Clean process:
1.Click Start > All Programs >Dell Printers > click Dell Printer Home.
2. Ensure the correct printer model appears in the drop-down window.
3. On the maintenance tab, click Deep Clean. If required, run the Deep Clean a second time.

Now try to print any page and check if issue is resolved.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 30th, 2012 12:00

brianb615,

Start, control panel, devices and printers, your printer, printer preferences. Make sure the setting is to use all available ink.

Rick

11 Posts

August 30th, 2012 18:00

Rick, thanks for the suggestion that was the first thing I looked at and yes it was already set to do all available Ink.

Priyanka - I did 2 regular cleanings and it worked perfectly. The only problem is that it used up almost all of the remaining black ink I had. However it is now working. Thank you.

No Events found!