Highlighted
cdubb21
1 Copper

I cant connect my v515w printer to my inspiron one desktop. I am running windows 7 32-bit. It used to be connected but somehow lost its path. I unistalled and reinstalled the drivers. I want to setup the wireless network but the wireless signal strength is 0 and that is with my router sitting on top of the printer itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I lost the installation disc...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: v515w

Jump to solution

Hi cdubb21,

There are a set of Services which has to be started. These are required by the printer to communicate with the computer.

Perform the steps below and ensure that the services required are started:

1. Press the “Windows + R” to launch the run window.
  2. Type “Services.msc” in the run window and hit the Enter key.

Right click each service mentioned below, click properties. Set the startup type as “Automatic” from the drop down menu and click “Start”. Please click “Apply” to save the changes.

The services to be enabled are:

• Human Interface Devices (HID).
  • Printer Spooler.
  • RPC (Remote Procedure Call).
  • RPC Locator (Remote Procedure Call Locator).
  • Windows image acquisition (WIA).
  • Windows Installer.

After starting the services, restart the computer and try to print from the computer. If the problem still persists uninstall the printer drivers from the computer.

Follow the steps to uninstall the printer drivers from the computer:

1. Click “Start”.
  2. Select “Control Panel”.
  3. Select “Add or Remove Program” (for windows xp operating system).
  4. Select the printer model Dell V515W and uninstall it
  5. Restart the computer for saving the changes.

These steps will uninstall the printer drivers.

If the cd is unavailable use the following steps to download the printer drivers.

Download the printer driver from the link: http://dell.to/RCoAmV

NOTE: Please do not connect the printer using the USB cable to the computer prior to installing the drivers. Please choose the right operating system from the list under operating system.

Please copy the above mentioned link, paste it in the address bar of the new internet explorer window.

1. Select the operating system of your computer from the list.
  2. Save the file to the desktop.
  3. Double-Click the downloaded file.
  4. Click “Yes”, when the utility prompts to extract the files.
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  6. Connect the printer using the USB cable when prompted.

Follow the below steps to connect the printer wireless to the computer. Ensure the USB cable is attached to both the printer and the computer:

1. Go to Dell Printer Home > Settings tab > Click Wireless setup utility.
  2. The printer looks for nearby wireless networks and displays them.
  3. The Wireless Network Name Appears in the List > click on your network and click on continue >Enter the network key.
  4. The Allow Dell Software window may appear.
  5. When instructed remove the USB cable from the computer and printer.
  6. Printer is setup on network now.

Please try the above steps and reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

6 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi cdubb21,

There are a set of Services which has to be started. These are required by the printer to communicate with the computer.

Perform the steps below and ensure that the services required are started:

1. Press the “Windows + R” to launch the run window.
  2. Type “Services.msc” in the run window and hit the Enter key.

Right click each service mentioned below, click properties. Set the startup type as “Automatic” from the drop down menu and click “Start”. Please click “Apply” to save the changes.

The services to be enabled are:

• Human Interface Devices (HID).
  • Printer Spooler.
  • RPC (Remote Procedure Call).
  • RPC Locator (Remote Procedure Call Locator).
  • Windows image acquisition (WIA).
  • Windows Installer.

After starting the services, restart the computer and try to print from the computer. If the problem still persists uninstall the printer drivers from the computer.

Follow the steps to uninstall the printer drivers from the computer:

1. Click “Start”.
  2. Select “Control Panel”.
  3. Select “Add or Remove Program” (for windows xp operating system).
  4. Select the printer model Dell V515W and uninstall it
  5. Restart the computer for saving the changes.

These steps will uninstall the printer drivers.

If the cd is unavailable use the following steps to download the printer drivers.

Download the printer driver from the link: http://dell.to/RCoAmV

NOTE: Please do not connect the printer using the USB cable to the computer prior to installing the drivers. Please choose the right operating system from the list under operating system.

Please copy the above mentioned link, paste it in the address bar of the new internet explorer window.

1. Select the operating system of your computer from the list.
  2. Save the file to the desktop.
  3. Double-Click the downloaded file.
  4. Click “Yes”, when the utility prompts to extract the files.
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  6. Connect the printer using the USB cable when prompted.

Follow the below steps to connect the printer wireless to the computer. Ensure the USB cable is attached to both the printer and the computer:

1. Go to Dell Printer Home > Settings tab > Click Wireless setup utility.
  2. The printer looks for nearby wireless networks and displays them.
  3. The Wireless Network Name Appears in the List > click on your network and click on continue >Enter the network key.
  4. The Allow Dell Software window may appear.
  5. When instructed remove the USB cable from the computer and printer.
  6. Printer is setup on network now.

Please try the above steps and reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

cdubb21
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I followed all of the instructions to install the printer through USB and it went through but it would not update firmware because it said it could not communicate with the printer. I also tried to print a document and it also said it could not communicate with the printer. Dell printer home when clicked returns the response that no compatible computers are installed

0 Kudos
cdubb21
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks everyone, I ended up fixing my issues

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi cdubb21,

Glad that the issue is resolved. I appreciate all your efforts in fixing the problem. In case of a similar situation in future, you can always refer to the link :http://dell.to/YegVvF .

Feel free to reach out to us on SDC for any help.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos
dbxrudy99
1 Copper

RE: v515w

Jump to solution

i recently changed my ink cartridges. now when i go to print, it wont print on command. it will do test pages but it wont print anything else. the computer says its printing but the printer does nothing. please help i have sensitive government documents that need to be printed right away.

thanks

0 Kudos

RE: v515w

Jump to solution

dbxrudy99,

Are you using Dell Series cartridges, refilled or generic cartridges?

Cleaning the Printhead on Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

The Printer Does Not Recognize the Ink Cartridge or Only Prints in One Color

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos