bradlenj
1 Copper

Re: v715W stopped printing in color

Thanks for the info on the purchasing the part!

0 Kudos
Artprob
1 Copper

Hey guys,

I am sorry I have not responded to you about my problem with Dell's V715W.  I did call Dell and the technician agreed that the problem with the printer not printing color had to do with the print head.  My warranty had run out as well and the cost for a new print head would be over a hundred dollars.  I let Dell know that I was not please with the fact that this appear to be a known problem with this printer (V715W).  I told Dell that I think they know about this problem and they were not willing to acknowledge the problem and replace the print head or the printer.  Dell's answer to that was if I had a warranty they would gladly replace the print head.  I suggested they compensate with a print head or a new printer.  I gave it some thought and after having been through the print head once already, I decided to purchase a new printer.  I purchased the Dell V725W.  I have no idea how long this printer will last.  However, I am happy with the way it is performing at present.  I am not happy with the fact that I had to purchase a new printer and that Dell was not willing to at least share in the cost.  If this printer does not hold up I probably will be switching over to something else.  I hope this will be of some help.  Good luck with Dell and your printer problems.

0 Kudos
Neptune80
1 Copper

Yes...Dell is more than happy to sell you more.....warranty for the price of another printer.  I gave up on my 715W and am now using an Espon Workforce which is awesome which I got for nearly same price while on sale (WF-4530) that although a bit larger, printers faster and is more reliable.  It also as ADF that handles double sided for scanning/copying 2-sided documents.  I'm sold on anything but dell when it comes to printers.

0 Kudos
bradlenj
1 Copper

Hi!  I ordered the print head replacement, received, and installed it.  I'm back to printing in full color again.  Thanks for the info on the part!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Artprob
1 Copper

The purchase you made was it with Dell or some other company.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
bradlenj
1 Copper

It was through Lexmark.  These are OEM'd from Lexmark.  I purchased a Lexmark 100 Series Printhead (part # 14N1339) for $29.00.

0 Kudos
Artprob
1 Copper

Thanks for the information.  It looks like I can save my old printer after all.  When I was searching for a print head Lexmark did not come up for me.  Happy printer problem solving.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7- Thorium

bradlenj,

Glad you got it working! emoticon.Yes.title Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Artprob,

If you need the link, Replacement Printhead

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Artprob
1 Copper

Hey guys,

Thanks for the information.  When I tried to place my order it could not calulate the tax.  I am not sure what that is all about.  I guest I will have to check with Lexmark about that.

Thanks again.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
turtlefootk
1 Copper

I am having the exact same problem.  I have now wasted two color cartridges trying to fix this.  Seeing the number of posts on this thread, this is obviously an issue with this particular printer.  It was printing fine 30 minutes ago, then just quit.  I've tried everything mentioned here.

0 Kudos