Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2011 22:00

v715W stopped printing in color

After printing fine with black and color ink, my v715w suddenly stopped printing in color.  I reinstalled the cartridges, tried cleaning and aligning, uninstalled/reinstalled the printer and nothing seems to work.  I checked the printer preferences and color/black is selection is set to automatic.  Copies are printed without color, also, so it is not just the printing function.

Help!  The printer is just over a year old...

Any help is appreciated!

1 Message

October 25th, 2012 19:00

My Dell printer V715w stopped printing in color

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 25th, 2012 23:00

Hi Velynn,

Here are few things that we can try to fix this technical issue.

Please check the ink levels in the color and black ink cartridge, remove and reinsert both the color and black ink cartridge and then deep clean the Printhead.

Follow the steps to deep clean the print head:

1. Press the “Setup” button (wrench button) on the printer.
  2. Select “Maintenance” from the menu.
  3. Select “Deep clean Printhead” option.

The printer will perform deep cleaning of both ink cartridge and the print head and it will print a test page, check the test page .if the test page has fine colors on it then try printing again, if the test print is not fine then try a different color ink cartridge to print. If the problem persists the please update the firmware for the printer.

To update the Firmware software for the printer follow the below steps:

Note: Firmware can be updated by connecting the printer and computer with a USB cable,

Use this link for help: http://tinyurl.com/5rvkscs

1. Turn off the printer, and remove the Printhead out of the printer,
  2. Connect the printer and the computer with a USB cable and turn on the printer.
  3. Open this link in the computer: 
  4. http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/dell-v715w
  5. Select the operating system of the computer from the list of options.
  6. Under the Firmware, select the right Firmware according to the printer model depending on Wifi mode.
  7. Click “Get driver” and follow the onscreen instructions and update the Firmware software.
  8. Reinsert the prinbthead and try printing and check.

Please do a deep clean of printhead again and check the color quality.

Please reply for further help.

8 Posts

October 26th, 2012 02:00

Just to let you know after trying all the sugestions without any success my Dell printer is now on the rubish tip which is where the Dell customer sevice dept should be!!  i am now hapily using a HP printer

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 26th, 2012 03:00

Velynn,

Try reading...

Cleaning the Printhead on Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

and

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

I usually recommend you shake the Dell Series cartridges to make sure the sensors are working properly. 

The Printer Does Not Recognize the Ink Cartridge or Only Prints in One Color

Here is a Replacement Printhead if needed.

Rick

7 Posts

October 26th, 2012 06:00

You need to get a new print head.  The printer is not rubbish.  The firware upgrade and printhead replacement is SIMPLE.

13 Posts

October 26th, 2012 08:00

Apparently, my e-mail reply did not go through.  So, I am going to try this.

Velynn,

I ordered the following part from Lexmark and it fixed my problem.  My old V715W is working just fine again.  I had a print head failure two times on this model printer within eighteen months.  I still do not understand why Dell refused to recognize this as a product problem.  However, this should get you going again.  Ctrl and click on Lexmark.  Although Lexmark will not show your V715W printer this part will work with your printer.  The part number on the box is correct.

Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexmark 100 Series Printhead

·  Home

Lexmark 100 Series Printhead

True. Image. Always.

Part # : 14N1339

In Stock

Retail Price:  

Your Price:

$2999

Add to Cart

Find an Authorized Dealer

6 Posts

December 16th, 2012 11:00

I followed the instructions for cleaning and replacing the printhead. Instead of solving my problem of being unable to print in color, I now get an error message that says there's a problem with the printhead. And now I can't print in b&w either! ACK!!!

6 Posts

December 16th, 2012 12:00

THANK YOU for this suggestion! My printer stopped doing color, so I followed the suggestion to clean the printhead. As a result I got an error message saying there was a problem with the printhead. I called Dell, and after three transfers, was told there was nothing they could do except transfer me to sales. Claimed a new printhead would cost as much as a new printer. I told them next time I buy a printer it won't be a Dell. Seems to me Dell would have a lot more satisfied and loyal customers if their customer service was more helpful.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 16th, 2012 19:00

kayide,

Did you see in my post about the Replacement Printhead?

Rick

7 Posts

December 17th, 2012 04:00

The printhead replacement is only $29 or $30.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 17th, 2012 07:00

bradlenj,

That's correct!

Rick

6 Posts

December 18th, 2012 21:00

THANK YOU for this post!!!!! I ordered this printhead. (Forked over another $16 for next-business-day shipping.) Easily installed and the printer works PERFECT now. SO relieved not to have to go out shopping for a new printer a week before Christmas. BLESS YOU!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 19th, 2012 02:00

kayide,

Glad you got ti working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

6 Posts

December 20th, 2012 09:00

Drat. I spoke too soon. After replacing the faulty Dell printhead with the one from Lexmark, color looks good but black text is TERRIBLE! It looks like everything is printed twice, but slightly offset. Slashes look like double slashes, and everything is blurry. Guess I'll be going shopping for a new printer after all. Sigh. Unless someone on this forum has a suggestion to fix this. I've replaced printer cartridges, cleaned and deep-cleaned the printhead, cleaned the nozzles, wiped the contact with the wet cloth provided by Lexmark with the printhead. Is there something I'm missing?

8 Posts

December 20th, 2012 09:00

I had a simple solution, its called the skip!  now happy with HP

No Events found!