Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2013 10:00

Error on Topology Service after upgrade Prosphere 1.7 to 2.0.1

Hi,

After a success upgrade of vApp of Prosphere 2.0.1, when I re-run discovery jobs always finish with status FAIL.

I do Power OFF and Power ON process using vCenter, nothing change.

Here the message that I got on Window Log after execute any Discovery Job (Arrays, Hosts & Switchs)

Timed out while waiting for Topology Service to process data

No Response From Topology Service

I use this URL to look for issues on services but all the services on vApp are Ok,

https:// /cgi-bin/mon.cgi

srm agmserver "Maps Service" 2.0.0.0.0.243 -30s +30s
srm discovery-restserver "Discovery REST Service" 2.0.0.0.0.124 -56s +4s
srm histservice "Historical Service" 2.0.1.0.0.251 -32s +28s
srm iil-localtransformer "Topology Transformer Service" 2.0.0.0.0.13 -51s +9s
srm iil-restserver "Topology Service" 2.0.0.0.0.13 -9s +51s

Can someone help me to fix this issue?, there are any way to test Topology service by command line?

Regards.

Jose Luis

21 Posts

July 29th, 2013 11:00

Hello Jose,

That is definitely an issue.  We need discovery engine up and running for the discovery job to complete.  I can help you with the upgrade issue on a webex.  I would need an SR for that.  If you cannot open an SR, then I can open one for you.  Can you email me the site ID for which this issue is and also your contact information.  My email ID is brijesh.gawande@emc.com.

Thanks.

- Brijesh

27 Posts

Hi ganwanb,

I restart iil-restserver service, but nothing change. I have an issue when I try to upgrade Discovery Engine VM. I wonder if Topology Service is related to Discovery engine.

May be this is the cause of the problem.

Unfortunately I can not currently generate a SR.

Regards

21 Posts

Jose,

You can run the command "service iil-restserver status" on the SRM appliance to check the status of the service.  Pretty sure it must be running.  you can try service iil-restserver stop and then service iil-restserver start.  And then run the discovery job again.  It may be more than iil-restserver.  But give it a try.

Also, was the upgrade successful or were there any issues encountered. ?  If there is any SR opened, let me know and I can help you on a webex.

- Brijesh

27 Posts

July 29th, 2013 14:00

Hi Brijesh,

I will email you with the requested information. If is possible please help me to open a new SR.

Regards

Jose Luis

21 Posts

July 29th, 2013 14:00

Hi Jose,

As discussed over email, I will open a new SR and we will work on a webex tomorrow 7/30/2013

- Brijesh

1 Message

December 15th, 2014 05:00

Hi

I Am also facing same issue all jobs are failing can any body pls help on this..

Thanks

Sivasai

vvsivasai.padala.2@volvocars.com

No Events found!