Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2012 06:00

Importing WLA Data from ControlCenter

Hi All,

I'm currently in the process of setting up our ProSphere environment.

We want to import WLA data from controlcenter, so I took the Administration Manual and read the Migration from ControlCenter chapter.

Added a data source which is pointing to the host that is running the WLA archiver process.

Checked on the WLA host if port 30103 is listening:

TCP    0.0.0.0:30103          0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING       7944

[WlaHttpServer.exe]

Checked for any firewalls:

Windows Firewall is turned off.

Clicked import.

Since then it is displaying "Pending".

There is only one thing I can think of why it is still on pending is that ProSphere does not have all hosts discovered that are in the history of the WLA.

1 Attachment

233 Posts

November 29th, 2012 07:00

Hi Mamer,

Prerequisites for WLA Archiver Data Source import

1. ProSphere administrators entrusted with the task of importing data must also have EMC ControlCenter login credentials with agent management permission. The agent management permission is essential to enable the administrator to log into the EMC ControlCenter Console in order to restart WLA Archiver agents that may not be running.
  2.   EMC ControlCenter 6.1 UB5 or later is running in your storage environment.
  3.   EMC ControlCenter infrastructure and WLA Archivers must be running.
  4.   The Historical Database and the Performance Metric Integration Server services are running.
  5.   Configuration Items (CI) equivalent to the corresponding EMC ControlCenter Managed Objects (MO) must be discovered in ProSphere.

ProSphere will ignore any objects not discovered when importing ControlCenter WLA data so that should not be the cause of the issue

How long has the it been in pending state?

If you press the refresh button on the top right of the UI do you get an updated message or if you close the Import Performance Data from Controlcenterr UI and again select Import Performance Data does the state of the job update?

As a note at the bottom of the Import Performance Data from ControlCenter is the follow message "Click here for tips on how to view the status of the imported CLS" if you click here page that opens has the following details " ProSphere provides URIs to troubleshoot importing EMC ControlCenter Performance Manager data into ProSphere. Follow this procedure to view  the status of the specific imported job details for the CIs and troubleshoot. "

for example open a browser and type the URI http://{ProsphereSRM servername}/srm/system/migration/jobs/performance in the address bar to view the list of WLA Archiver Data Source or WLA hosts and press Enter.

Within the feed you will see an entry similar to the following look for the FQDN of your WLA agent host.

What is the and tags displaying in the feed?

http://schemas.emc.com/srm/namespace/SRM/1.0 "> 1 ECCWLAhost.emc.com 30103 true 2012-11-29 15:19:21.599 2012-11-29 15:19:29.184 7secs Completed Failed Not able to connect to the WLA Archiver agent 0

/srm/system/migration/jobs/performance/ECCWLAhost.emc.com

/srm/system/migration/jobs/performance/ECCWLAhost.emc.com

2012-11-29T15:23:55.78Z

Regards

Conor

18 Posts

November 29th, 2012 07:00

Hi Conor,

Conor Lawlor wrote:

Hi Mamer,

How long has the it been in pending state?

It has been in a pending state since I clicked Import more then a week ago.

If you press the refresh button on the top right of the UI do you get an updated message or if you close the Import Performance Data from Controlcenterr UI and again select Import Performance Data does the state of the job update?

It says pending.

What is the and tags displaying in the feed?

http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">

SRM7 WLA Migration

/srm/system/migration/jobs/performance

SRM7 WLA Migration Feed

2012-11-29T15:41:15.83Z

http://schemas.emc.com/srm/namespace/SRM/1.0">1ecprdc02.rdc.local30103truePending-1

/srm/system/migration/jobs/performance/ecprdc02.rdc.local

/srm/system/migration/jobs/performance/ecprdc02.rdc.local

2012-11-29T15:41:15.91Z

Not much as you can see.

I also tried to add the host on IP address, but then it says this, which for me says that DNS is working properly:

Schermafbeelding 2012-11-29 om 16.50.18.png

Regards,

Martijn

233 Posts

November 29th, 2012 08:00

Hi Martijn,

The feed does not give any details for the issue and I am assuming the feed for  /srm/system/migration/jobs/performance/ecprdc02.rdc.local will be the same.

Please open an SR with support attaching the ProSphere logs from Admin > System > Manage logs.

The health of the services on a ProSphere VMs as reported by mon is available from this URL.

https://{hostname}/cgi-bin/mon.cgi

Confirm all service are Green on the VMS expect the srm-msa-config-proxy service its disabled so yellow.

Regards

Conor

18 Posts

November 30th, 2012 01:00

Oh...

I will make an SR then and attach the logs.

Thanks,

Martijn

18 Posts

I think this can be the problem...

Schermafbeelding 2012-11-30 om 10.37.36.png

srm_msa_config_proxy is disabled.

233 Posts

Hi Martijn,

the srm-msa-config-proxy is disabled as it not used by 1.6

Regards