Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 4th, 2014 04:00

Prosphere alert management

Hi, anyone have done a successful setup for prosphere to receive alerts from both Brocade switch and VNX via Unisphere remote?

233 Posts

March 4th, 2014 06:00

Yes, ProSphere can successfully collect alerts from both alerts sources.

The minimum version of EMC Unisphere Remote that ProSphere connects to is 2.0

Review the solution https://support.emc.com/kb/164692 for information on the steps required to configure the Unisphere Remote successfully

For ProSphere to connect to CMCNE to pull back alerts if using CMCNE 12.x you may need to do the following steps in kb solution https://support.emc.com/kb/166025 to allow ProSphere to connect to the CMCNE master database and pull back the alerts into the UI.

If you still cannot get any of the above alerts sources to populate alerts in the alert view please open a separate SR for each of the issues attaching the ProSphere logs and screenshots of the alert sources correctly configured in the UI.

14 Posts

March 9th, 2014 20:00

I am using ProSphere 2.0.1.3 and Unipshere Remote 2.0. I have configured according to the KB.

I am seeing "success" states in alert management for Unisphere Remote.

And i tried removing a hotspare disk on VNX. I see alerts on both VNX Unisphere and Unisphere Remote. But i don't see any alerts coming in Prosphere.

As for brocade switch, the CMCNE version i am using is 11.1.4. I tried removing connection of running servers and login failure. But Proshere is not getting alerts from CMCNE too.

Anyone have the same issue?

14 Posts

March 10th, 2014 23:00

Yes, manage to resolve the issue by re-deploying PS vApp again. Not sure what happen, but i am able to see alerts from UR now. Thanks.

April 23rd, 2015 15:00

Prosphere has a lot of issues with the services crashing all the time. Would recommend to install Unisphere Central for VNX performance monitoring and san health is the best tool for brocade.

April 23rd, 2015 15:00

And be careful with the vApp memory allocation from the Vcenter host.

This is the main reason for setup crash.

No Events found!