Right, but does

nslookup return the correct hostname?

Ryan

0 Kudos
rhopping
2 Bronze

Re: vApp Login issue

Jump to solution

I also just noticed the underscore in your hostnames. Can you check the ProSphere 1.7 release notes? I believe there is a limitation with underscores in the hostname.

Ryan

0 Kudos
rhopping
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Were you able to successfully deploy ProSphere 1.7 in your lab after correcting the underscores in the hostnames?

It was actually the ProSphere 1.7 Deployment Guide that had the information you needed,

Avoid underscores in hostnames

The Internet standards for protocols mandate that hostname labels can contain only the ASCII letters “a” through “z” (in a non-case-sensitive manner), the digits “0” through “9”, and the hyphen (“-”). No other symbols, punctuation characters, or white spaces are permitted.

If ProSphere encounters a host name with an underscore, users can be prevented from logging in.

You can confirm the situation by searching the log files for the following string:

IllegalArgumentException: Host cannot be null

0 Kudos
gusceballos
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I did Thanks a lot. I got it all up and running.

I did read that in the manual after I got it running. Good learning experience.

0 Kudos
longchu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I've got a similar problem. My hostnames used lower-case alphabet characters only. I checked DNS and everything was OK (forwared and reversed).

Is there anybody has an idea?

0 Kudos
ConorLawlor
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Hi Longch,

If you have already done all the checks  mentioned please open a SR with support to review the issue

·         Please putty into to the SRM Appliance host and change directory (cd) to the following location: /usr/share/tomcat6/webapps/login-monitor/WEB-INF/classes/

Run the cat command to view the contents of the srm-vapp-information file and attach the output to the SR:  

cat srm-vapp-information | more

Regards

Conor

longchu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dear Conor,

Sorry for the trouble. I solved the problem only by restarting the web browser. Maybe the cache made the session go wrong.

Thanks for your concern anyway!

Regards,

0 Kudos