Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

October 31st, 2011 01:00

Dell Data Safe On Line not working

I was using Dell data Safe on Line and while slow it worked. It then ceased to work I contacted support who tried to get it to work and now won't talk to me . I have paid a subscription for this and I now want my money back but now one will talk. Anyone having a similar problem

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 31st, 2011 15:00

Make sure your one year subscription has not run out. Check your subscription here-- https://www.delldatasafe.com/

If your subscription is not renewed before it expires, your account will be deactivated and your data deleted. If you want to check your subscription end date, please click log into your web account. Your subscription end date is noted in the right-most frame of the My Account section. In any event, we will send you a reminder just before your annual subscription ends.

Since we are just users helping users here in the forum, you might need to contact Customer Service.

872 Posts

November 3rd, 2011 11:00

1 Message

November 4th, 2011 21:00

Yes. I just renewed Dell Datasafe for another year, increased by storage space too. The next day it stopped working. It doesn't connect. When I go online to see my last backup nothing shows up. I spent 90 minutes with a technician and she couldn't fix. it. i can see the error is listed as MS_2 and more details reveals its RW32. I suspect its a Dell datasafe failure as the final level of information refers to the program not reaching an account at DB but there is no one to email I may have to cancel my service and find another service.

872 Posts

November 4th, 2011 23:00

7 Posts

November 7th, 2011 00:00

Dell could not get to work so I have asked for my money back.

7 Posts

Thanks for info. Dell Data Safe just does not work now. I have asked for my money back so will try your suggestion.

7 Posts

I finally got some one to listen. Also spent hours with support person but they could not get working. I have asked for my money back. They have agreed so waiting for the refund.

872 Posts

November 7th, 2011 04:00

872 Posts

November 8th, 2011 12:00

November 8th, 2011 12:00

Not sure whether this will work, but despite being told by customer service on the phone that I could not get a refund, there is a link I discovered on the Account Info button when you log in to DataSafe on line that says Cancel Service.  I followed that, and it says I should receive my refund in 7 days.  Maybe they have added this option because they are getting so many complaints?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 8th, 2011 13:00

I'd guess that the expired subscription is somehow causing this so you might need to register for the new subscription. If you did not renew before the expiration date, all your previous backups are lost and you must start over. If you have Windows 7 you don't need datasafe or any other online backup. Buy your own external hard drive and use windows 7 Backup and Restore. Then you can control your own backups and don't need to renew anything.

7 Posts

November 8th, 2011 21:00

Thanks for suggestion. I am going to chase this to the end on a matter of principle. It is theft in my mind if they sell a service that does not work and not refund me the money.

7 Posts

The subscription was only two months into the 12 month subscription but yes I intend to carry on with my own back up.

7 Posts

Thanks for suggestions. Now I have this answer from Dell which has really annoyed me. They haven't got a clue what they are talking about. The only upgrade was their upgrade that stopped it working.

Message from Dell below:

I would like to inform you regarding the request that I made about the refund but to my regret that it was declined. According to our DATA SAFE department: as Per the terms of service Refunds are not offered for upgrades.  Also refunds are not offered for purchases or renewals after 21 days. .

2 Posts

November 14th, 2011 14:00

I also tried Dell Data Safe Online which NEVER worked for me even after upgrading to 30GB.  I cancelled my account within a week of paying for the expanded space.  That was in August of 2011---3 months ago.  After more than 10 phone calls and multiple e-mails Dell has also decided to not talk to me.  I have recieved a refund for my first upgrade in space but not the second.  I finally gave up and put this charge in dispute with my credit card issuer.  All this great customer goodwill flushed down the drain over this one issue.

No Events found!