Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 22nd, 2009 04:00

Dell Fast access facial recognition software - lost in upgrade to win 7

Hi, I purchased an XPS laptop recently and it was pre loaded with the Sensible Visions fast access software in Vista 64. When I upgraded to Windows 7 (x64), the migtation utility asked me to uninstall fast access because it was not compatible.

I figured that I would be able to reinstall again once I finished the upgrade. I am now in win 7 but when i try to install the x64 version that came with my dell laptop (available from the dell drivers page for my specific machine) i cant get the installer to run in win 7.

Any thoughts on how to install fresh in Win 7 and where do I get the installer package?

November 27th, 2009 07:00

Hi, I purchased an XPS laptop recently and it was pre loaded with the Sensible Visions fast access software in Vista 64. When I upgraded to Windows 7 (x64), the migtation utility asked me to uninstall fast access because it was not compatible.

I just experienced the same updating from Vista x64 to Windows 7 x64 on Dell Studio 14z using the Dell Upgrade.  However, the install file for fast access does appear on the" Dell Windows 7 Upgrade Assistant DVD 64Bit". in the APPS/Both directory  (Both"meaning 32 and 64 bit sub-directory).   I tried to install it directly from there but it requires a password -- and neither my old fast access password  nor my logon password worked.  I will be following this to see if anyone has found the solution. 

1 Message

November 27th, 2009 09:00

Bonjour Howard,

Le même problème m'est arrivé ce jour en mettant à niveau le système-passage de Windows vista 64  à Windows  seven 65,sur Dell Studio XPS 16;

Lors de la migration j'ai été obligé de le désinstallé et actuellement je ne sais pas comment le retrouver afin de le réinstaller ?

Merci de m'aider dans ma quête !...

211 Posts

November 30th, 2009 07:00

This is what I've heard from Dell. You basically have two choices:

1. Assuming that you're using the Win7 upgrade DVDs supplied by Dell, then you must run the 2nd disc - the "Dell Upgrade Assistant" (DUA) - prior to performing the Win7 update itself. This will de-install FastAccess, but will also save it in a place (I don't know where) where it will be automatically re-installed after the Win7 update is complete.I've heard competing stories that say that you must also run the DUA again after the Win7 updated. Note that you can NOT install FastAccess directly from the DUA DVD. Not all Dell users are authorized to install FastAccess, but it is included on all of the DVDs....hence the password protection.

2. If this doesn't or did not work, then your next best bet is to re-install FastAccess from the backup installation CD that came with your laptop. If you didn't receive one, then call Dell tech support. They should be able to provide one upon request. Even if the version that they supply is out of date, you should in most cases still be able to install it and then update the version by going to the Windows menu > All Programs > FastAccess facial recognition > "Check for updates"

November 30th, 2009 13:00

A relatively easy, quick solution:  I have a Dell Studio 14z which came with FastAccess and I also lost it when upgrading to Windows 7.  My solution was to go to my account at Dell (setup after buying the computer) at http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=pub.  After signing in, I selected "Drivers and Downloads" ( your system should be pictured).   At the bottom of this page is a section called "Software Downloads" with the option to "Download Factory Installed Software (My Dell Downloads)."  Select this option and FastAccess can be downloaded there if it was part of your original system from Dell.  The current version is 2.4.7 (older versions are available here too).  AN IMPORTANT NOTE:  this only works using Internet Explorer with Windows Net Framework 3.5 installed (which can be downloaded at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en).  It worked!!

The solution suggested by SVREP is another option: http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19305802/19599789.aspx#19599789

-- Note,  registering for an account at Dell (called "My Account") is most helpful since all other updates are listed there once you have identified your computer.

1 Message

December 2nd, 2009 17:00

Go to "My Dell Downloads" and register your machine.  The rest will be pretty intuitive.  Good luck.  Mine is working fine. 

4 Posts

March 20th, 2012 16:00

i have simular problem but when i go to MY DELL DOWNLOADS it tells me my service tag is not surported i have the the del inspiron 2310 touch screen and i can get the webcam or the photo stage work either can not find down loads PLEASE HELP URGENT direct email is <ADMIN NOTE :Email id removed per privacy policy> if it helps

35 Posts

March 21st, 2012 10:00

You may also contact Dell directly and request that they send you a replacement installation CD for FastAccess. If this does not work then please contact Sensible Vision tech support (email address on website). 

October 13th, 2012 09:00

Hello,

The registration page keeps going on and on when I try to register my Dell XPS 1645. Registration is never getting completed, I need some help on this.

No Events found!