Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2012 18:00

Dell Stage - Weather Gadget

My Weather gadget stopped working. It now opens MS Word instead of IE 9. I have had no success downloading dell stage. Please advise.

Thank you

Mark Trainor

marktr30

62 Posts

August 28th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

This seems to be an issue with Dell Stage. Uninstall it completely and then reinstall it. To uninstall Dell Stage, perform the following actions:-

1. Click Start, select Control Panel, and click Uninstall a Program.

2. Locate Dell Stage in the list of programs and click Uninstall.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish uninstalling Dell Stage.

For reinstallation of the software, the setup file can be downloaded from My Dell Downloads. To download the latest version of Dell Stage, please perform the following steps:-

1. Click the URL mentioned which will take you to Dell Support Website:

http://support.dell.com/

2. Click “My Account” in the upper right corner and sign in with your Dell My Account in the popup box provided.

3. Under the “My Software” section on the right side of the page, click "Download Factory Installed Software (My Dell Downloads)".

4. Click the checkbox that agrees to the “Terms and Conditions” of the My Dell Downloads website and click “Register System” at the bottom of the page.

5. At the “My Download Locker” page, click the registered system that corresponds with the computer you are downloading Dell Stage to.

6. Under the “Title” section, look for “Dell Stage”. There may be more than one listing for this software title.

7. Select the listing with the latest version number in the “Version” column. Click the checkbox under the” Download” column for this software, and at the bottom of the page click “Download now”.

8. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and then restart your system.

If after reinstalling the issue is not fixed, please try to rearrange or check the settings of Dell Stage. To rearrange or remove tiles, mouse-click and hold on a specific tile. After a few moments, your selected tile will “undock” from the Stage. With the mouse, you can insert the tile anywhere in the Stage and let go. To remove a tile, simply drag the tile off the Stage area and release the mouse hold. The tile will disappear and a confirmation message will appear. If you made a mistake, you can restore the tile from this confirmation message or by selecting it in the Apps Gallery.

Awaiting your response.

1 Message

September 9th, 2012 05:00

Hi,I wanted to install Dell Stage too.but I can only proceed to no 4 after visiting the site.I have clicked the checkbox that agrees to the “Terms and Conditions”  then nothing happens :/

1 Message

October 12th, 2012 14:00

My weather widget and the dell stage help opens in MS Word 2010. Uninstalled Dell Stage and reinstalled Dell Stage Framework, version 1.5.201.0. Software updated to current version 1.7.209.0. The problem was not resolved. Any help would be appreciated.

No Events found!