Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 19th, 2005 01:00

Install CD-ROM drive in Dell Precision 380 Workstation

I need visual instructions for installing a new CD-ROM drive in a Dell Precision 380 Workstation... can't find anything online and can't figure out the chassis puzzle for removing the drive bay faceplate, and insterting the drive.

4 Posts

October 4th, 2005 18:00

I could really use an illustrated guide as well....

1 Message

October 10th, 2005 02:00

DOn't have a visual guide but this should help:

Open the computer case by removing side panel (as shown in Quick reference guide)

Remove the front silver bezel by pulling up on the blue plastic release lever (located just below the CRROM drive cage and in front of the large CPU cooling fan) and at the same time pulling up the silver bezel.

Remove the second black bezel holding the cdroms in place by pushing down (in direction of arrow) on the blue plastic release device located on the cdrom drive cage.

Then remove the one or two screws holding the cdrom in place and slide the CDROM out the front of computer case.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

1 Message

October 12th, 2005 20:00

The illustrations are in the  User's guide. They are quite good, but you have to download the document.

good luck!

2 Posts

October 10th, 2010 07:00

Hi, I hope you can help me. I am trying to convert my 380 from dekstop to tower config. Can I use the same black drive bezel to use as tower ?

Thanks,

Harvey.

No Events found!