Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2009 15:00

Pre Installed Software by Dell

Is it possible to obtain discs from Dell for pre-installed software after your warranty has expired?  My hard drive crashed and my system didnt come with any discs to re-install Microsoft Office Basic.

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

September 17th, 2009 15:00

Office Basic was not included with your computer unless you ordered and paid extra for it. You would have received the disk if you ordered it. The only disks you can get from Dell here is the operating system disk and the drivers, utilities and included free software like Roxio. If you did order Office and didn't get a disk, it's too late now to complain. Recheck the disks you did receive with the computer to make sure you didn't overlook it. Every computer comes with trial version of Office without a disk, but that expires after 30 days or so.

1.3K Posts

September 17th, 2009 18:00

richb67,

You maybe able to find some pre-installed software at a site called My Dell Downloads.   The software here could be finger print reader, and the like used on a notebook.

November 28th, 2011 12:00

This page does not works.

After I check in the checkbox and press register show the following message:  Examining your computer please wait...
And didn't happens anything at all...

Describe somebody please step by step how can I download the factory pre-installed softwares.
Roxio, Fast access interesting me...

Thank you.

3.7K Posts

November 28th, 2011 13:00

This page does not works.

After I check in the checkbox and press register show the following message:  Examining your computer please wait...
And didn't happens anything at all...

Describe somebody please step by step how can I download the factory pre-installed softwares.
Roxio, Fast access interesting me...

Thank you.

You can get Office Starter from the link below, it's near the bottom of the page.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/w/microsoft_os/microsoft-windows-and-microsoft-office-downloads.aspx

September 1st, 2013 23:00

I have the same issue as stated above, After I check in the checkbox and press register show the following message:  Examining your computer please wait...And didn't happens anything at all...

Requesting Dell team to assist  us on this.

September 2nd, 2013 00:00

Inspiron 5423 14z, I'm looking for all the softwares except the trial ones.

1.5K Posts

September 2nd, 2013 00:00

Hi Kapil,

Please share the system model and operating system installed. Also, please share the specific software/applications you are looking for download. Try restarting the system and using Internet Explorer to access and download applications/software from My Dell Download link http://dell.to/17CBvPq.

Please reply with the information, I'll be happy to assist you further.

September 2nd, 2013 22:00

Hi Saharsh,
I tried to access it with Internet Explorer, but it doesn't worked at all.

1.5K Posts

September 3rd, 2013 01:00

Hi Kapil,

Thank you for sharing the information. Please share the operating system installed and also, name the software that you are looking for. Also, please reset the Internet Explorer to defaults and then check if you are able to access My Dell Downloads or not. Here are the steps:

• Open the Internet browser.
  • Click on the ‘tools’ option.
  • Select ‘internet options’ tab.
  • Click on the ‘advanced’ option.
  • Then, click the ‘reset’ option.

Also, delete the cookies and temporary files, before try to access the My Dell Downloads. Make sure IE is not blocking the syspro.exe scanner with blocked popups, firewalls, security settings, etc. Make sure Dell is on the safe list. If the issue still persists, try using the 32 bit version of Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

1 Message

July 8th, 2018 23:00

This website is not secure . 

you want my data. 

No Events found!