This post is more than 5 years old

NA

March 4th, 2006 17:00

Reinstalling Sonic Cineplayer Software

So I got the disk from dell.

Tried intsalling and get this error:

Internal Error 2753.
slm_dispatch.dll.3D53BFF2_BCAB_45D1_9CC4_C21C3F657599

I have removed everything by sonic and roxio and tried reinstalling.

I have tried just about everything, in different order to get this to install.

I one point I did get some of the folders to appear,MyDVD showed up, but would say something like "this version is not for this locale installing english version", then it would quit.

Thanks for any help.

Oh, Dell 5150, windows xp sp2.

Message Edited by not a genius on 03-04-2006 01:39 PM

March 5th, 2006 05:00

Disregard.

No longer necessary.

March 18th, 2006 00:00

@Not a genius wrote:
So I got the disk from dell.

Tried intsalling and get this error:

Internal Error 2753.
slm_dispatch.dll.3D53BFF2_BCAB_45D1_9CC4_C21C3F657599

I have removed everything by sonic and roxio and tried reinstalling.

I have tried just about everything, in different order to get this to install.

I one point I did get some of the folders to appear,MyDVD showed up, but would say something like "this version is not for this locale installing english version", then it would quit.

Thanks for any help.

Oh, Dell 5150, windows xp sp2.

Message Edited by not a genius on 03-04-2006 01:39 PM

I am also having problems reinstalling cineplayer and am receiving the same error.  I was wondering if someone could let me know the solution because I have been trying to fix this problem for several days.  I thought that MSIinstaller was the problem but now I am not sure.  Please help.

I have an XPS 600 XP pro sp2

March 26th, 2006 18:00

What exactly all does "Dell CinePlayer" do, because I want to get rid of it. If all it does is play movies, then I'm going to delete it, because I prefer using "Windows Media Player 10" for all my movies. So If I delete "Dell CinePlayer", will it hurt anything on my computer, or make it not function right?

2 Posts

April 13th, 2006 17:00

Have you found a solution to this, I'm having the same problem.

Please let me know. Thanks.

April 15th, 2006 05:00

Yes I did actually. Go to My Computer, Local Disk, Program Files, Common Files and find the Roxio Shared folder. Rename that to Roxio Shared.old then run the install again. It should work this time and redo that folder. I did have to copy some of the files from the old folder to the new one but had no trouble. Hope this helps

Cricket_1972
XPS 600
Win XP SP2

2 Posts

April 15th, 2006 23:00

Thank you!! Thank you!! All the support at Dell couldn't fix it, and You did, very greatful!

Kat

7 Posts

June 19th, 2006 15:00

I am also receivng this error message. I noticed that my computer would not play any DVD's because there was 'no compatible DVD encoder' installed. This happened after I I removed Roxio's Easy Media Creator (which stinks). So I tried reinstalling Cineplayer and received the internal error 2753 message. I do not have a Roxio/Shared folder but I renamed the entire Roxio folder to no avail. I noticed that the installer wanted to install into Dell/Media experience folder. No matter what folder I tried installing into I received the same error message.
No Events found!