Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2002 15:00

Roxio CD Creator 5.1 Basic - ECDC5B.msi

After removing version 5.1, clearing all registers, and deleting all folders, the computer asks for the original CD containing version 5.1 and the ECDC5B.MSI file. However, after you point to the file on the CDROM, it says you must use the correct file that came with your system. Well, I have no other CD from DELL containing this software. I am caught in a never-ending loop with the computer constantly asks for this program and I have nothing to give it. I cannot apply the upgrade until I install the software. Any help?

1 Message

June 27th, 2003 11:00

I seem to have the same problem. However, I think it has also to do with the hardware (CD writer) which is in conflict with the OS, in my case Windows 2000 Pro.

Did you find a solution? I have found the driver on the net with google inserting ECDC5B.msi as keysearch but Ihave not solved the problem yet.

1 Message

September 4th, 2003 17:00

Hi - Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  All of a sudden, I am having the same thing happen, and I didn't even try to install Easy CD Creator - I don't have a disk either.  Just curious - I want this install thing to go away!!!

Thanks!

3 Posts

September 13th, 2004 11:00

I'm getting the same thing on a Gateway computer...just started doing this for no apparant reason.

Anyone? Anyone?

3 Posts

September 14th, 2004 11:00

I fixed mine.......

I did a registry search (regedit), backed up the current registry & did a search on 'ECDC5B.MSI'. I then deleted all of the references and keys containing 'ECDC5B.MSI'. The problem went away.

3 Posts

September 15th, 2005 13:00

Cool. Thanks. It worked for me. After 3 years my Dell computer get the same problem with the error message. After deleting the reference to ECDC5B.msi in the registry the problem didn't appear again. But I have not checked, whether I still can burn CD-ROMs. At least the problem, that the computer wants to install this file, didn't appear again.

3 Posts

September 15th, 2005 13:00

Cool. Thanks. It worked for me. After 3 years my Dell computer get the same problem with the error message. After deleting the reference to ECDC5B.msi in the registry the problem didn't appear again. But I have not checked, whether I still can burn CD-ROMs. At least the problem, that the computer wants to install this file didn't appear again.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

December 5th, 2005 01:00

1. Uninstall all Roxio Products including Easy Media Creator, Photosuite,
 VideoWave, Easy CD and DVD Creator and Easy CD Creator 5. IF YOU HAVE
 GOBACK INSTALLED PLEASE PROCEED TO STEP 3. Goback is not the same as
 Windows XP System Restore.

a. Click on the "Start" button and select "Control Panel". If you are using Windows
XP, click on "Start" choose "Settings" and then "Control Panel".

B. Double-click on "Add/Remove Programs" icon.

c. Look through the list of applications, and if you see any Roxio titles, highlight

the entry and choose "Remove".

2. Download and run the Roxizap utility

a. Log on to the internet.
b. Type the following address into the Address Bar of your browser:

http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

c. Choose "Save" and save it to your Desktop.
d. Once the download is complete, exit your web browser, and double-click on
"Roxizap", located on your Desktop. Follow the instructions and reboot your
computer.

1 Message

December 27th, 2006 21:00

can comeone please help me please !! i recentlu got a virus and it wiped out my DVD and CD Drives - you know,when u got to MY COMPUTER. Does anyone know how I can get them back or install them again or something??? SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME !!!???
No Events found!