Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

November 29th, 2016 10:00

excel file 2003

Several days ago one of my excel documents was opened and viewed an error: This file is not in a recognizable format. I checked the file once again, but the same trouble. I opened another file, it opened correctly. Guys, how to repair excel file by manual methods or by solutions?

November 29th, 2016 22:00

Hello,

Read the following post: support.microsoft.com/.../925180

This is the compatibility pack and viewer which also supports office 2003. Download it and try to fix the error.

Good Luck!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 30th, 2016 01:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

If its just one file there could be a possibility that the file has gone corrupt. Alternatively click on the link below to check if you can download the viewer. Now if you have saved the file on .xlsx  in XL 2003 then you will not be able to open the file as the file format is different. You can download xlsx viewer .

Kindly private message the service tag and email address.

Thanks

Robin

December 5th, 2016 23:00

Thank you a lot for variants, I hope one of them will assist me.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

December 6th, 2016 09:00

Maybe the MS Forum for Office could help. answers.microsoft.com/.../msoffice

35 Posts

June 9th, 2017 00:00

This type of error is generally faced when the concerned.XLS file doesn’t open. And due to this, the concerned Excel XLS file extension is not recognized by the software and therefore it is declared as invalid. Or else when you are opening the Excel file with the higher version, so verify if this is a case and also follow the steps given:

• Go to My Computer > Browse Tools > Folder Options > File Types.

• Assure that the ‘XLSX’ extension is included there or not.

• If not then rename this file and change ‘.xlsx’ to ‘.xls’.

Hope this will help you.

The entire information is taken from - Best Solution to Fix Excel XLS, XLSX, XLT, XLS, XLSM, XLSX File

No Events found!