Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2013 13:00

how to reinstall Roxio Creator 12 Starter

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 8300.  It has Roxio Creator Starter 12 on it.  I haven't used the app in a few months and went to open it today and none of the icons will launch.  I can see all the files in the directories but it's not in Add/Remove Programs so this is odd.  I figured I could do a repair on it.  Some of the exe's launch within the directory like the label creator but none of the burning utils launch.

I thought I'd just reinstall but I can't find anywhere to download it.  It's not on the Support Drivers site and My Dell Downloads said this system is not compatible with that, or something like that.

Anyone know where I can find this?  It's out of warranty so I can't contact support.

Dell XPS 8300

Win7 64 bit

Thanks

P.S. Yes, I realize there are many free burning software solutions online before anyone replies with that.

2.6K Posts

June 24th, 2013 05:00

Hello Texas Pete,

You can find the software for Roxio in My Dell Downloads. My Dell Download works only on Internet Explorer. You may also refer the FAQs on My Dell Downloads.

Please write back if you have any further questions, would be glad to assist further. 

29 Posts

June 27th, 2013 20:00

Understood, unfortunately when I go to My Dell Downloads using IE and pick Register System, I get a message saying Service Tag is not supported.

Any other ideas?

2.6K Posts

June 28th, 2013 05:00

Hello Texas Pete,

There are few steps that can be tried: 

1. Ensure you have entered Service tag correctly. Ex: Entering 0 instead of O and B instead of 8.
  2. This link for My dell downloads would only work on Internet Explorer. If you are using IE, try resetting the browser:
  • Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
  • Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
  • Click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
  • Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
  • In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  • When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
  • Close Internet Explorer.

Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer. Please try the steps and check if that works. 

Hope this helps!

29 Posts

June 29th, 2013 21:00

OK, so when you go to My Dell Downloads, there is no place to enter the service tag, the only option is to let it detect the service tag.

I found on another forum post for this problem to type WMIC BIOS GET SERIALNUMBER from a dos prompt and see if you get the service tag, did that and I do.

Cleared the history, cookies, etc, didn't work.

It seems to me that Dell maybe just never entered my serial in their system properly?

2.6K Posts

June 30th, 2013 06:00

Hello Texas Pete, 

Please ensure that you are follwoing the right way of accessing My Dell Downlaods. 

In order to access My Dell Downloads account, you can follow the steps below:

• Open My Dell Downlaods.
  • Please select your country
  • Click Continue.
  • Check box for terms and conditions of My Dell Downloads.

• Click on Register system (it will take 5-10 seconds to analyze).
  • You will get an Active X prompt on the Internet explorer window.
  • Right click on the Active X prompt and ‘Download File’.
  • You will get a prompt to install an application ‘SysProExe’.

• Install and allow the access to application.
  • On next webpage, you will see a list of applications.
  • Check box in front of the application that you want to download and click on Download.

• Follow the prompts on screen to install application. 

If this does not work, you can reset your Internet explorer to factory settings.

Hope this helps!

No Events found!