Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 11th, 2019 23:00

0x800ccc0f error outlook 2019 - works wired, error wireless

I had a recent experience with my new dell laptop that I wanted to share to save others the pain. I installed Office 2019 and on my wired connection my emails were connecting and up/downloading without a problem. Then I moved rooms and connected to wireless. Emails stopped flowing and I received the error "0x800ccc0f". Emails worked fine on my phone on wireless and the wireless was assigned to the same firewall profile as my wired adapter.

I pulled my hair out for a while before I remembered all the additional software Dell had loaded on my system. I disabled everything that wasn't Microsoft and long story short ... it was Rivet SmartBytes stopping my email. Re-starting only that service stopped my email again. I have now uninstalled it but wonder why Dell install it if it causes these kinds of issues.

I hope this saves someone else some time as all other sites I found on this error said check your firewall. I didnt think SmartBytes was firewall software so it took me a bit to get there.

March 1st, 2019 10:00

Hello, 

We know of an issue with older drivers for Intel wireless devices that may be causing the issue that you are experiencing. You can either update the drivers, along with the Killer Control Center here - https://support.killernetworking.com/download/killer-control-center/ or you can update your Intel Wi-Fi drivers from Dell here - https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=vg6m5. There is no 20.70.0.5 version of the Killer Network Service, but that is a very common, older Intel Wi-Fi driver version. 

If that doesn't resolve the issue for you, we encourage you to contact us directly here - http://support.killernetworking.com/submit-a-ticket/ - so that we can help you further!

-- Anthony with Killer Networking and SmartByte Support

3 Posts

March 3rd, 2019 21:00

Thank you both, much appreciated, I will attempt your recommendations in the next day or so. David

1 Message

March 5th, 2019 11:00

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  I've got a new Alienware 17 R5 running Windows 10 Pro.  I have scoured the internet and YouTube since receiving my new computer in January and finally you have provided me with a solution.  I stopped my "Killer Network Service" and BAM! instantly sent mail from Outlook 2019.  Fantastic!  Thank you again!

2 Posts

March 6th, 2019 09:00

I had the same problem as kk_1 and have spent days searching and trying out solutions that haven't fixed the send email error 0x800ccc0f in Outlook 365.

Dilbertdad you are a STAR!!!!

I am running a Dell G3 3779 x46 and it has installed SmartByte Drivers & Services 2.0.643 and when I stop the service emails are sent without problem but as soon as I start the service the error occurs.  This I think is the latest version looking at the link you have posted so looks like an uninstall for me as well.  As others have said, this is SHOCKING, the amount of time that has been spent resolving this issue has cost me dearly! Not impressed by Smartbyte

March 6th, 2019 12:00

Have you also updated your Intel Wi-Fi driver from here? https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=vg6m5

-- Anthony with Rivet Networks

3 Posts

March 7th, 2019 00:00

Hi Anthony, Just a quick update to say thank you. I was not able to update the "Killer Control Center" as i received the err "Killer Performance driver Suite UWD cannot be installed with Killer Ethernet Performance Suite.", I was however able to update the "Intel Wi-Fi drivers" to version 20.120.0.4 and this rectified the issue. Regards, David

1 Message

March 7th, 2019 10:00

I had this exact same problem on my "new" Dell (August 2018) and "fixed" by disabling the SmartByte Network service (thanks to Dilbertdad on another thread). Then I worked with the Smartbyte support folks and tried a new yet to be released version of SmartByte. When that didn't work they asked for my Wireless Device driver info and found the version I was using had a known bug. I updated by Wireless Device driver to the latest version and Outlook and Win 10 Mail now works fine. My adapter and driver info:

Network Adapter type: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462

IntelDrivers:

Old Version:Driver Date 6/25/2018

Driver Version 20.70.0.5

New version:

Driver Date 1/14/2019

Driver Version 20.120.0.4

Note that I'm still running the yet to be released version of SmartByte Drivers and Services - 2.5.713. Hopefully the older version of SmartByte works with the new Wireless Device driver for others. 

March 7th, 2019 12:00

Hey Belldaj,

You should be able to solve the "Killer Performance driver Suite UWD cannot be installed with Killer Ethernet Performance Suite" issue by clean-installing the latest suite, using this guide - https://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/clean-install-killer-control-center/. If you still encounter that error, make sure you also try the guide for using the Microsoft Fixit, linked at the bottom. 

Please note that this only applies to Killer Networking adapters, not SmartByte-related issues. 

March 7th, 2019 12:00

Thank you guys for the feedback! In our testing, it seems that the primary culprit was the Intel Wi-Fi driver and that updating that will solve the issue for most versions of SmartByte. This is why it took a while for us to find a fix. We had issues with that driver in the past, but we were under the (apparently mistaken) impression that the specific buggy driver would have been automatically updated by Windows Update some time ago.

1 Message

March 23rd, 2019 13:00

Thank you for the solution.

I purchased a new Dell  Inspiron and migrated my files and programs.  None of my IMAP emails accounts could send emails on outlook 365.  I tried changing the ports, deleted/restored my email accounts, checked my virus software, and spent a day and a half with no success. I had the same settings in my old Lenova and it worked just fine. When I saw your post,  I deleted SmartByte and presto, in less than 2 minutes my problem was solved.

Why would Dell add software that won't allow gmail  accounts to work properly???

I really appreciated your post.  Thanks again. 

Ed

1 Message

April 1st, 2019 08:00

Mee to...finally the silver bullet was unistall SmartByte Read this too https://www.dell.com/community/Networking-Internet-Bluetooth/Beware-of-SmartByte/td-p/6130892

4 Posts

April 4th, 2019 11:00

I had the exact same problem (Outlook was unable to send e-mail when connected via wifi) with my brand new Inspiron 15 7000 (7586). Disabling the SmartByte service also fixed the problem for me.

After coming across this thread, I updated to the latest driver (version 20.120.1.1) for my Intel Wireless-AC 9560 card and also ran the SmartByte update from Dell (upgraded to version 2.0.615.0). Note that I had some challenges upgrading SmartByte. When I ran the SmartByte update, it only gave me the option to Modify, Repair, or Uninstall. I chose the default, which I think was Modify. When I tried to run SmartByte following that process, it simply showed a window indicating that SmartByte needed an update and asking me if I wanted to go to the Dell support website (which is what it did before I ran the update). So, to be sure, I re-ran the SmartByte update, selected Uninstall, rebooted, then ran it again to re-install it. After that, when I ran SmartByte, it actually started and I was able to confirm the version number. 

After all of that, Outlook was able to send mail with SmartByte enabled.

However, I've chosen to uninstall SmartByte, as I don't believe I need the value it is supposed to add, and I'd rather have a simpler software configuration.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

April 8th, 2019 04:00

Dell does not support Outlook or Thunderbird  etc.

So Its dubious at best to say that "dell supplied software" is the problem.

Check your antivirus manufacturer's website for additional suggestions
Configure your firewall software to enable Outlook to access the Internet
Make sure that your email profile works correctly
Start Outlook in safe mode
Run the Inbox Repair Tool to repair your .pst file
Clean up email messages that are stuck in your Outbox
Run the MAPI Repair Tool
Verify all SMTP email addresses in the distribution list
Increase the server time-out setting

April 8th, 2019 13:00

@speedstep Have you even read this thread? May be you thought you would just dump some meaningless post here. None of the suggestions you have made work. This has been stated earlier in thread. The problem is SmartByte which is factory installed by Dell.

1 Message

April 11th, 2019 23:00

Thank you, this worked great. I had the same issues and I wasted loads of time trying other suggestions before I found this. I tried upgrading the version of Smartbytes but this did not work. Binned it and everything worked instantly! Thanks again!
No Events found!