I had this exact same problem on my "new" Dell (August 2018) and "fixed" by disabling the SmartByte Network service (thanks to Dilbertdad on another thread). Then I worked with the Smartbyte support folks and tried a new yet to be released version of SmartByte. When that didn't work they asked for my Wireless Device driver info and found the version I was using had a known bug. I updated by Wireless Device driver to the latest version and Outlook and Win 10 Mail now works fine. My adapter and driver info:
Network Adapter type: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462
Old Version:Driver Date 6/25/2018
Driver Version 220.127.116.11
Driver Date 1/14/2019
Driver Version 18.104.22.168
Note that I'm still running the yet to be released version of SmartByte Drivers and Services - 2.5.713. Hopefully the older version of SmartByte works with the new Wireless Device driver for others.
Thank you guys for the feedback! In our testing, it seems that the primary culprit was the Intel Wi-Fi driver and that updating that will solve the issue for most versions of SmartByte. This is why it took a while for us to find a fix. We had issues with that driver in the past, but we were under the (apparently mistaken) impression that the specific buggy driver would have been automatically updated by Windows Update some time ago.
-- Anthony with Rivet Networks
You should be able to solve the "Killer Performance driver Suite UWD cannot be installed with Killer Ethernet Performance Suite" issue by clean-installing the latest suite, using this guide - https://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/clean-install-killer-control-center/. If you still encounter that error, make sure you also try the guide for using the Microsoft Fixit, linked at the bottom.
Please note that this only applies to Killer Networking adapters, not SmartByte-related issues.
-- Anthony with Rivet Networks
Thank you for the solution.
I purchased a new Dell Inspiron and migrated my files and programs. None of my IMAP emails accounts could send emails on outlook 365. I tried changing the ports, deleted/restored my email accounts, checked my virus software, and spent a day and a half with no success. I had the same settings in my old Lenova and it worked just fine. When I saw your post, I deleted SmartByte and presto, in less than 2 minutes my problem was solved.
Why would Dell add software that won't allow gmail accounts to work properly???
I really appreciated your post. Thanks again.
I had the exact same problem (Outlook was unable to send e-mail when connected via wifi) with my brand new Inspiron 15 7000 (7586). Disabling the SmartByte service also fixed the problem for me.
After coming across this thread, I updated to the latest driver (version 22.214.171.124) for my Intel Wireless-AC 9560 card and also ran the SmartByte update from Dell (upgraded to version 2.0.615.0). Note that I had some challenges upgrading SmartByte. When I ran the SmartByte update, it only gave me the option to Modify, Repair, or Uninstall. I chose the default, which I think was Modify. When I tried to run SmartByte following that process, it simply showed a window indicating that SmartByte needed an update and asking me if I wanted to go to the Dell support website (which is what it did before I ran the update). So, to be sure, I re-ran the SmartByte update, selected Uninstall, rebooted, then ran it again to re-install it. After that, when I ran SmartByte, it actually started and I was able to confirm the version number.
After all of that, Outlook was able to send mail with SmartByte enabled.
However, I've chosen to uninstall SmartByte, as I don't believe I need the value it is supposed to add, and I'd rather have a simpler software configuration.
Dell does not support Outlook or Thunderbird etc.
So Its dubious at best to say that "dell supplied software" is the problem.
Check your antivirus manufacturer's website for additional suggestions
Configure your firewall software to enable Outlook to access the Internet
Make sure that your email profile works correctly
Start Outlook in safe mode
Run the Inbox Repair Tool to repair your .pst file
Clean up email messages that are stuck in your Outbox
Run the MAPI Repair Tool
Verify all SMTP email addresses in the distribution list
Increase the server time-out setting