Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2009 14:00

About Dell Diagnostics

About 5 years ago, my company only purchased IBM PC, later we changed to HP. This year we're planning to purchase about 100 DELL PC.

We used to purchase computers with some softwares such as the PC-Doctor or Error Doctor. One of my employee says that Dell Diagnostics is equivalent to either PC-Doctor or the Error Doctor and I do not have to purchase this additional software. I know HP diagnostics is not equivalent to PC-Doctor or Error Doctor.

This will be my first time I purchase DELL PC.  Is Dell Diagnostics software equivalente to either PC-Doctor or Error-Doctor? Or I have to purchase one of this software. I'm planning the purchase for February 2009.

4.6K Posts

January 28th, 2009 10:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

Dell Diagnostics software is free... pre-installed on all Dell systems, and can be quickly accesssed during the boot up process, with a specific key combination.

It can test all the hardware installed in the system, or specific components, and reports any problems.

Dell sales should be able to give you more detailed/specific information on the application (if required), when you call them to place the order.

But it's very straightforward, and details on using it is included in the User manual you'll get with the system... which you can also access on the Dell website :emotion-5:

No Events found!