Ophelia4778
1 Nickel

Bluray Software

I recently moved from a desktop to an Inspiron.  I have it docked and am using two ASUS monitors.

I then purchased a Bluray external disk-drive. Cyberlink's PowerDVD was the recommended software.

When I tried to play a Bluray movie, I received the error message that dual monitors were not supported.  Dell has confirmed that the laptop can support dual monitors.

After some research, it seems PowerDVD cannot support dual monitors.

I should think that Dell could at least recommend software that will show Bluray DVDs.

If anyone has faced this problem and found a solution could you share it with me?

tn

0 Kudos
3 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: Bluray Software

Power DVD can do dual monitors - if the GPU in the system supports it.  What type of connections are you using to the monitors (displayport, HDMI, VGA, etc.)?  That's probably where the limitation is coming from.

0 Kudos
Ophelia4778
1 Nickel

In an email from Dell:

"We have checked it for you and found that Laptop [Inspiron 7559] is capable of using an external Bluray Drive in Two- Motnitor setup as well."

In response to your question, one monitor is HDMI and the other DVI.

Since Dell confirms thge computer can support dual monitors,and Power DVD can also support two moinitors, where do I look next?

I need to order a Bluray external disk drive. Is there a recommendation for a drive that is already known to work in a two monitor environment?   That seems to me to be the next step.

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

Make sure both monitors are set to duplicate/clone mode -- this is the only way it'll work.  The DRM setup for blue ray won't allow two different displays - they must both be the same.

0 Kudos