Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 20th, 2016 09:00

Can anyone help me get back the factory inspiron blue wallpaper?

I lost the original wallpaper that came with my inspiron 7459 all in one PC when I first purchased this PC because the dell technical support made me randomly delete the factory recovery partition which I was not happy with at all. Does anyone know where I can get this original wallpaper? it looks like this below but the resolution for it is wrong and appears blurry on my PC, the original one that was on my system was not blurry and was crystal clear:

Thanks

47 Posts

November 20th, 2016 12:00

It's still blurry, what can I do to make it appear clear?

47 Posts

November 20th, 2016 12:00

It's still blurry, any other suggestions?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

November 20th, 2016 15:00

It shouldn't be... you can attempt a clean install Windows with a Dell branded Windows 7 Reinstallation Skylake .iso... opposed to a generic Windows 7 .iso...

47 Posts

November 20th, 2016 15:00

I'm using Windows 10 not Windows 7..

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

November 21st, 2016 00:00

The image is part of the Dell Branded Windows 7 Reinstallation Media and is the default lockscreen and desktop background. It is not included in Windows 10 Installation Media.

Not sure why its blurry in your case as the image I linked to is what I took from a clean install and looks okay if used on my system. 

If you go to:

Start → Settings → System → Display → Advanced Settings

What is your resolution?

47 Posts

November 21st, 2016 07:00

Resolution is 1920 x 1080, it's already set to this resolution.

30 Posts

November 21st, 2016 13:00

I will reply back to you with a much more detailed answer.  I do not have enough time right now.  I did not try viewing the links provided in the reply from natakuc4 on Sunday, November 20, 2016.  The name of this wallpaper is "Dell Blue Swirl."  I had similar things happen to me quite a number of times, unfortunately, also because of Dell Tech Support.  There are 13 total of these "Dell (fill in the blank color) Swirl."  Three (3) of those are balck, white, silver.  I had (and HAVE) "Dell Silver Swirl"--Trust me, Silver (more of a gray--NOT too dark and NOT too light) is the very best for contrast.  However, black, white, silver "Swirls" are NOT ever included on any Dell Re-Install disks and/or any Dell Re-Install media.  Give me some time to get back to you.  I really understand how you feel.  Most of the the wallpapers are too busy and not user friendly on the users' eyes.

BUT, lucky for you, Dell Blue Swirl (the one you want) is on any/every Dell Win 7 Re-install DISK--whether its Dell Win 7 Home, Dell Win 7 Pro, I know for sure.  That's why I need time to get back to you--all of these 13 "Dell Swirl" s are burried, down layers and layers, of your  (Dell) Win 7 OS directories.  I need time, to search through all of my old notes, so that I can give you the complete directory path.

Dell tech(s) do not seem to know where these are.  I spent 100's of hours searching the internet--Silver, black, white are NOWHERE on the internet.  The other 10 colors are--including your "Dell Blue Swirl."

I read  some of the other replies below mine (this)--let's hope I can help you with a way to replace that does not turn out to be blurry.  Again--I understand the way you feel.  This is very upsetting when you are used to a specific wallpaper that works well for you needs.

47 Posts

November 27th, 2016 13:00

No problem, thanks for the extra information.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

November 27th, 2016 14:00

The files on the DVD are the same as the ones I listed... Again the same resolution 1920×1200....

30 Posts

December 3rd, 2016 12:00

As I promised, I did some research to help find a place, a means, and a way for you to get the Dell OEM wallpaper you wanted.  The easiest way for you to get this (along with 9 additional choices of solid colors which also have that Dell Swirl" effect), is for you to look near the top left of THIS VERY FORUM PAGE.  Notice all the "tabs" (Home, Forums, Files, Wikis) ?  Right click on "Files" tab and you will see the first three (3) at the bottom of "Files" page One (1) and the remaining colors on page 2.  Your color "blue" is on page 2..  I think this should be easier for you to get--as well as reliable, since it is right here on a Dell website.  I hope this helps you and others.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

December 3rd, 2016 15:00

As I promised, I did some research to help find a place, a means, and a way for you to get the Dell OEM wallpaper you wanted.  The easiest way for you to get this (along with 9 additional choices of solid colors which also have that Dell Swirl" effect), is for you to look near the top left of THIS VERY FORUM PAGE.  Notice all the "tabs" (Home, Forums, Files, Wikis) ?  Right click on "Files" tab and you will see the first three (3) at the bottom of "Files" page One (1) and the remaining colors on page 2.  Your color "blue" is on page 2..  I think this should be easier for you to get--as well as reliable, since it is right here on a Dell website.  I hope this helps you and others.

Which is exactly the link I provided near the top of the thread, they are the files I got off the Reinstallation DVD.

No Events found!