Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

1 Message

February 6th, 2019 07:00

Can't Install Office 2016 Pro Plus Open License

The last 4 or 5 Inspirons I have received I have not been able to install this version of Office. The install starts but the thermometer bar never moves and the installation disappears. No errors appear. I have tried to uninstall the pre installed version, install as administrator and a number of other ways i don't remember. I did get it installed on the last one by doing a factory restore of the OS. I don't remember whether I had to jump through other hoops or not. This is a big waste of my time. Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone have a fix or work around? Thanks!

• 

16.7K Posts

watts428,

Click the link below for information on office 2016. If needed contact Dell Software Support.

How to Find and Activate Microsoft Office 2016 / 2019 / 365 on your New Dell System

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

You have to have Windows 10 pro AND you have to run the installer as adminstrator.

Support for this comes from Microsoft Not dell.

MICROSOFT PROFESSIONAL PLUS 2016 ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR DURING SETUP
MICROSOFT SETUP BOOTSTRAPPER HAS STOPPED WORKING

Microsoft Links

To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods.

Method 1

Set the permission for the Everyone group of the registry subkeys that are listed in the error message to Full Control. To do this, use the easy fix solution and follow the steps in How do I restore security settings to the default settings.

Method 2

Disable the third-party application. For example, to disable WebRoot Spysweeper, follow these steps:

1. Right-click the WebRoot Spysweeper icon that is located in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.
  2. Left-click the Shut Downoption.
  3. In the Office installation Error 1406dialog box, click Retry.
  4. When the Office setup is completed, restart the computer, and then re-enable WebRoot Spysweeper.

Method 3

Take the system into a "clean boot" state, and then run Office setup. This disables the third-party applications. The third-party application that is denying access to the registry subkey can no longer deny access. For more information about how to take the system into a "clean boot" state, view How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

No Events found!