Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 15th, 2011 09:00

Can't Post Dell Forum Using IE9; Can Post With IE8

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 15th, 2011 11:00

I post on the forum, with I.E.9 and no problems.  I can do it either in the "native" I.E.9 mode or in "compatibility view" mode. 

However, some of the other forum VIP's must post using the compatibility view mode.  Don't know why some can and some can't.  I'm using the 64 bit version of I.E.9.

To try the compatiblity mode in I.E.9, click on Tools the Compatibility view and see if that helps with posting.

122 Posts

April 15th, 2011 09:00

I tied posting following problem (clearly unsuccessfully) using my XPS 7100 desktop; now using Inspiron N7010 laptop.

Problem I can post-reply using Inspiron, which has IE8 browser; can't post-reply using desktop with IE9 browser.

Both units less than 2 months old with following specs:

XPS 7100: Win 7 64 bit; AMD Phenom II x6 1045T Processor, 16 GB SDRAM, ATI Radeon HD 5400 1024 MB, 1 TB Serial ATA HD.

Inspiron N7010: Win 7 64 bit; Intel Core i5-460 2.53 GHz Processor, 6 GB SDRAM, Intel GMA HD Graphics, 640 GB SATA HD.

Otherwise everything working well in both units (recently resolved graphics driver issue in XPS 7100).

Anyone experiencing this 'post-reply' problem? Only difference I sense is difference browser use. I tried using Firefox on the XPS 7100 built also experience 'post-reply' problem. Any suggested solutions? Thanks.

322 Posts

April 15th, 2011 10:00

.Hello Berzokrm

The only thing a I can think of would be a bad cookie. On the XPS 7100 in IE9 delete your Browsing History

and log in again and see what happens.

Hope this helps.

Tom

122 Posts

April 15th, 2011 11:00

Did as suggested, Tom... I deleted cookies & other stuff from Browsing History of the IE9...then restarted system...tried to post a reply but to no avail, as I am typing this from the IE8 Inspiron laptop.

But...additional information...after I typed in (on the XPX 7100 IE9 system) text in the reply section to your message, I clicked on Post & then my screen went back to the 'reply' page with the following message in red (color) at the bottom:

* Posts must have some content in the body.

So...while I am able to type text into the 'body' when I click on Post, instead of 'getting-posting' my text, the Forum site is not picking up-sensing that any text has been entered in the box. This is true too if I click on the pencil icon to edit the message I am trying to post.

The mystery continues...additional help/suggestion/direction greatly appreciated.

Bob

122 Posts

April 15th, 2011 20:00

Fireberd...I am still posting from laptop IE8...Please forgive my ignorance, as I went to desktop's IE9, tools (icon in upper right page) and could NOT locate any sign of "compatibility" view mode or 'native.' In other words, if my IE9 defaulted to 'native' then I could not find way to change into "compatibility view mode."  Am I missing something, doing something wrong or is there another way to access "compatibility view mode" so that I can 'test' that possible solution? Thx. Bob

122 Posts

April 15th, 2011 21:00

Thanks Tom. Found tools in menu bar. Unclicked 'compatibility' mode. Fingers crossed that this message will be posted.

122 Posts

Hooray. It works. Thanks to all for great advice...directions. Cheers. Bob

322 Posts

Hello Bob

Check and see if your menu bar is turned on. At the top of IE9 in the light blue area right click the mouse

and click on menu bar then on the left you should see:

File  Edit  View  Favorites  Tools Help

click on this tools. After you finish you can turn off the menu bar if you wish.

Hope this helps

Tom

322 Posts

April 16th, 2011 07:00

Hello Bob

Glad you got it working. Be sure to mark Fireberd/s post as correct answer. Thanks!

Tom

20.5K Posts

April 16th, 2011 07:00

Don't forget to click on fireberd's post as the solution. :emotion-1:

122 Posts

April 16th, 2011 10:00

Yes ... Fireberd's was correct answer & has been so marked. Thx again to all.

159 Posts

April 17th, 2011 02:00

Always be updated and have no problem :)

1 Message

July 30th, 2018 17:00

Anyone experiencing this 'post-reply' problem?

The only difference I sense is difference browser use. I tried using Firefox on the XPS 7100 built also experience 'post-reply' problem. you can try on chrome browser. 

download the browser here 

https://antivirussupport.org/kaspersky-antivirus-support/

4 Posts

September 19th, 2019 04:00

Hi, first of all, you should look that you are logged in the forum page or not and if everything is okay and still you can't log in then the remedy of that technical fault is explained and solved 

3 Posts

December 24th, 2019 02:00

Dell Forum Using IE9 .this is a new software recently launched . very few review available on 

you can visitto see. this software is compatible with most of the device. there is so many tools which can help to work properly in this  software. Dell keep this price not so high so anyone can afford this new version. 

No Events found!