I cannot open my word file(Office 2007) from my thumb drive. When I open the document it says -Word was unable to read this document. It may be corrupt. Try one or more of the following : *Open and Repair the file - *Open the file with the Text Recovery converter.........
Tried installing Office2007 SP3, tried to open in word 2010 but still the same problem. Is there any solution to solve this problem? Thanks.
I would try to open the file on another computer if that is possible, which you may have already done from reading your question. I have a feeling the file is corrupted or damaged in some way. There are a number of file recovery programs available for example as Word Recovery Toolbox or other. Try searching google.com with the phrase: “repair corrupt Word files” or “docx recovery”.
You cannot open word doc on a thumb drive. Copy it to your hard drive and it will open. Word needs hard disk space for all the background chores Word does when you open or edit a doc file.
Thank you for your message.
Are you able to open other word files on your computer?
Try to create a word file on your computer, copy to your flash drive & check if the file works.
If you have this error only when trying to open a particular file, it could be a file corruption.
What is the present OS installed?
Try alternatives 3rd application like Open office http://dell.to/2uDMbw3; & check if that works.
For better assistance, please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.
Please follow these steps:
1. Quit Word.
2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate and then click to select the following registry key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Options
4. After you select the key that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
5. Type BulletProofOnCorruption, and then press ENTER.
6. Right-click BulletProofOnCorruption, and then click Modify.
7. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
8. On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.